• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Vegas, Baby!

Mr. Bright5ide

Oakley Beginner
'Murica
Hey guys,

I'm going on a much-needed little vaca and where other than Sin City haha! Sooo, here's the situation, I leave TOMORROW & haven't done a whole lot of planning.. hence I'm keen to hear some suggestions from any of you guys that may have been for must-sees, & advice for eating on the cheap & saving a few $$ on getting around the strip. I'm going to sleep for a few hours then spend the rest of today checking out Vegas itinerary suggestions online so I'd love to hear what you guys suggest. I'll definitely keep an eye out for the O store & surely pick somethingg up!

Specs: 5 days, going w/ my girlfriend (who is totally cool w/ strip clubs & anything of the sort going down so no holding back on the suggestions:p), will definitely be looking for a good place for a Valentine's dinner. Sleeping at the Flamingo hotel. We're both in our early 20's. I hope to make a visit to the Stratosphere, have been recommended the MGM Lions, & I'm going to a concert Saturday night, otherwise everything else is mostly to be planned.. Looking forward to your suggestions!!

The Lions are gone from MGM as far as I know.
Try the breakfast buffet in either The Bellagio or The Wynn. Both fantastic! Visit as many hotels as possible, they are all huge. Play some cards!

For Valentines night, try one of the steak houses. The good ones are expensive but the food is fantastic and worth the splurge. We went to Stack at The Mirage and the food and service was out of this world and it still had quite a casual feel to it.

For cheap drink, just gamble in the hotels, be it sitting at a slot machine or whatever and the cocktail waitresses will be over and you will get free drink.

I`m really jealous. Was there for the second time last September and loved it.

Oh and if you have time, try and get to see the Gran Canyon. You will need a full day at least though so maybe not enough time. If you do go, head for the South rim. Further away from Vegas but well worth it.

Enjoy!

There is a o store in the mall across the street from treasure island. There is also a vault at the premium outlets a little bit north of town. As far as entertainment make sure you hit up old town it is cheep and a good place to people watch.

seen two pair of Juliets listed on CL Vegas a couple weeks ago for $300 for both. Avoid the strip clubs they are over rated and expensive. Nice looking women but I don't see the point in going on vacation and wasting money there. Been there several time for bachleor parties. If you have a rental car head out to hoover dam. Get out on some of the turn offs before the dam and you can take trails down between the rocks and down to the river. That's pretty cool. The show at excaliber is pretty cool. Check out the free show outside treasure island. Don't forget about freemont street, awesome light show and free..

Planet hollywood has Earls of sandwishes, I have never been but all my friends swear that it the best sub place to eat at!!!!

my tip on roulette alway bet red hahah!!!

***the guys giving out pass for nite clubs make friends with them, the really do have hookups at clubs, they get paid a few dollar for everyone they get in free at clubs!!!

Hmmmmm

Drink non stop. Eat just enough to survive. Bring as many hot chicks back to your room as you and your girl can handle to party! Don't worry about sleep. ;)

Thanks guys for all the suggestions! Read them earlier but didn't have time to post. I'm definitely going to make plans to go to the Grand Canyon, thinking Sunday -- my last day there. Will find out at the hotel reception about tours going there..I was advised against renting a car since I wasn't planning to go too far from the strip. Are there any specific shuttle lines to look out for, what's the best way to get around the strip? Old Town, Freemont Street, Treasure Island noted. A steakhouse dinner is sounding real good right now, thanks for the suggestion Adox!

I'm going to a concert at Planet Hollywood Saturday so sounds like I'll be heading in that direction early to get food there before the show, thanks djhyper66. And no kidding about those promo guys, got a buddy in the business! I'm thinking about going to one of Criss Angel/Cirque du Soleil's Believe shows

About the buffets... I struck up a conversation at work with a guy who's been there like 5 times & he told me about a buffet deal that lasts 24 hours, and you can go back like up to 4 times..it was a long time since he was there so details/specifics he couldn't remember.

There is a buffet 24 hour deal that you can buy that is valid at certain hotels but IMO you are better off just paying for a once off at the better buffets, which aren't included in the deal.

Bellagio and The Wynn have by far the best breakfast buffet. In fact The Wynn has fantastic lunch and dinner buffets too and the dining room is a lovely setting.

Latest Posts

Back