• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What is it worth? Ducati XS beater frame

Stanley_O

Oakley Expert
Rostock
I have digged up this X Sqaured Ducati Frame with colour loss on the bottom side and a few scratches.... I guess it can be classified as beater since about everything on them has to be worked:
- carbon fade mostly on the lower side of the gaskets but looking closely you see them on almost every part;
- hinge stoppers are not bend to the inside like many beaters that I have seen;
- centre screws do rotate but only with a walleva t6, therefore should be replaced in my opinion (no rust though):
- the other 4 screws are ok!
- only rubbers are OEM t-shox and nosebombs but they are enriched with DNA, at least the nosebombs;

the complete overhaul has to be done but maybe the ducati "serial" can be preserved - What is it worth?
IMG_8826.JPG
IMG_8823.JPG
IMG_8822.JPG
IMG_8821.JPG
IMG_8820.JPG

Probably not worth much so I'll PM you my address so you can send to me for disposal.

I saw a few beater and beaten XS beeing sold here on the forum for interesting prices ... depending on the value I am willing to sell to raise some coin for other projects than making a project out of this one...

Value for Xs frame alone is 300$ + - 25$ or there abouts.

Thats the type of information I was looking for! Thank you very much

=> Would a pair os custom gaskets and custom screws (made precisely for T5 if I remember correctly not hexagonal key) make a change to the situation... like pushing it up to 350$?!

Thats the type of information I was looking for! Thank you very much

=> Would a pair os custom gaskets and custom screws (made precisely for T5 if I remember correctly not hexagonal key) make a change to the situation... like pushing it up to 350$?!

Yes and no. When people are interested in frame alone they most likely have parts to finish it off so that would eat into the budget of build.

enough work needed this is not a 'standard/spare' frame, but not quite a beater either... I'd say $275-ish +/- 10% .. deduct the refinish and hardware from the low 3's previously mentioned, don't sweat the DNA-enriched parts ;)

Looking to sell these E wure T wire and Gold E wire replacement screws...any idea of value if any lol

Also looking to sell my Xmetal service kit case photo with a full set of Red Jordan rubber with Gaskets etc and pair of earstem screw and 4 washers...any idea on price?

Appreciate the help thank you

View attachment 540500

View attachment 540501

View attachment 540502

View attachment 540503

View attachment 540504
Strange place to be asking this wouldn’t you say?

If you are interested in selling, I am interested in buying.

Don’t want to overly impose as you are only asking pricing.
Other pricing advise has been spot on!

Back