• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
What is Oakley Switchlock Technology?
Oakley Switchlock technology is an easy-to-use mechanism that allows for fast lens replacements in Oakley sunglasses.
Usually, this technology appears as a switch or jaw that releases the lenses from your Oakleys.
Keep reading as we review everything to know about Switchlock technology and whether it’s worth it or just a gimmick.

Switchlock-technology-1024x768.jpg
Switchlock pictured on the Oakley Style Switch
Why Did Oakley Invent Switchlock Technology?
Oakley has long recognized the need for interchangeable lenses. Athletes, especially cyclists and

[url=https://www.oakleyforum.com/guides/what-is-oakley-switchlock-technology-complete-guide-review/]Continue reading...

Attachments

• Switchlock-technology-1024x768.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 151
    93.8 KB · Views: 83
    93.8 KB · Views: 51
    93.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I own Radarlocks, Fast Jackets, and Flak Drafts. I still prefer the good ol' Half Jacket, Flak Jacket, and Flak 2.0's friction fit method better. Switchlock states that its, "no-fuss, no fingerprints" and that's just not true.

I just got two pairs of the Flak Drafts and that damned button is so hard to press down and I have small hands. I smeared finger grease all over the lenses, it was a complete mess and I was very frustrated by the process. Fast Jackets I find to be the easiest, while the Radarlocks are semi-easy. You still get fingerprints all over the lenses though. I am lucky in that I have multiple pairs of different glasses with different types of lenses for all the different conditions so I rarely even make lens changes anyway, but for some people, that definitely is not an option.

I would just stick with the friction fit method; I have Halfs and Flaks that are over 10-15 years old and have not had an issue with a frame becoming weak or cracking.

Latest Posts

Back