• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Really Grinds Your Gears?

Inflayshin is when stuff gits more spensif, right ??
A2C6A643-A807-45DD-B509-F427C610178C.png

I hate when your delivery instructions for Amazon say to leave at the front door but they leave it at the garage instead. This is almost as bad as USPS leaving boxes on the ground at my mailbox that won't fit in my mailbox.

What grinds my gear is paying for a service that can't provide correct subtitles and every episode from Season 1, into Season 2, had English subtitles, and the newest one is listed as English but it's Spanish.

And then they tell me the creator set it to Spanish and they're not authorized to change it and have to forward the issue to the dev team, which almost never gets resolved within a years time.

Deaf people getting the **** end of the stick when it comes to accessibility mistakes and I'm still expected to pay for the service that should have been accessible to me in the first place, and course no one gives a f' cuz they're like "oh why don't you just turn it up..." (f* those people).
I would blast them on Social media with some screenshots, that seems to get companies customer service responding the fastest. Especially if you mention that it’s making life for a disabled person more difficult than it already is!

I would blast them on Social media with some screenshots, that seems to get companies customer service responding the fastest. Especially if you mention that it’s making life for a disabled person more difficult than it already is!
Did that, and couple days later, in like the first time in never, the episode ended up having the correct "English" subtitles, along with the Spanish moved to a new "Spanish" option in the dropdown (all the eps prior only had English).

The years before, that kind of thing was never resolved (even as I go back and check some titles from some of my old support email histories between Prime, Netflix, Hulu, etc).

Also any show that has ever aired in the US on TV, already has captions available (as required by law), so there's no reason why many of the shows placed on streaming couldn't already have them included (outside of money possibly, since companies have to pay for rights to those captions)

When someone confuses a sentence, which was meant as an example for the use of the word “inflation”, for another definition. Have you never used a dictionary?

Back