• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Really Grinds Your Gears?

A dime a dozen tesla owner thinks he/she is so special and needs to park like that

Only thing that gets me more triggered when it comes to parking trolls is those that park in handicapped spots and don’t have a placard….

It's usually the incompetent driver and not the car ;) I never park mine that way, not the Porsche either :behindsofa:

Car salesman asking $30K over MSRP ......... because there's high demand, and low supply. I told the guy to fck off
They are unfortunately doing that just about everywhere now, that or let people get in a bidding war over new vehicles. The new car lots here are just about empty, while the used car lots are overflowing. It’s ridiculous none the less.

It might be petty, but thus evening we went to Walmart to do our grocery shopping. I live in a very small town, we have only one grocery store, and the prices are double what we pay at Walmart, so we drive two towns over to do our shopping. Now, that being said, on to what really grinds my gears. We get finished up a little before 7pm. Go to checkout, and low and behold, there's not one frickin checkout lane open. It's all self checkout. At this point I've had the kids all day, I've been walking around this store for a couple of hours, my nerves are beyond shot, I'm tired, and now I have to pay to do someone else's job. As I said this might not be a big deal to most, but I just feel like I shouldn't have to "clock in" to check out 🤷‍♂️

It might be petty, but thus evening we went to Walmart to do our grocery shopping. I live in a very small town, we have only one grocery store, and the prices are double what we pay at Walmart, so we drive two towns over to do our shopping. Now, that being said, on to what really grinds my gears. We get finished up a little before 7pm. Go to checkout, and low and behold, there's not one frickin checkout lane open. It's all self checkout. At this point I've had the kids all day, I've been walking around this store for a couple of hours, my nerves are beyond shot, I'm tired, and now I have to pay to do someone else's job. As I said this might not be a big deal to most, but I just feel like I shouldn't have to "clock in" to check out 🤷‍♂️
WalMart has cashiers that do it for you

Not tonight they didn't. Not one regular register was open. All self-checkout. I was extremely frustrated by the time I got out of there.
I do installs at grocery stores all over the country for a living, regular lanes and self checkouts. More and more customers are ordering self checkouts because they can’t get anyone to work the regular lanes. I’m driving to a store in north east TN tomorrow to do a job overnight. The store has 4 total employees. The manager has to open, stay until close and run a register because they can’t get anyone. Personally, I’d rather do the self checkout because I normally don’t buy many items at one time. For a full buggy, def a standard line. I feel your pain but also get cussed out on the regular for doing my job and installing self checkouts….”I’m taking away jobs”….tell that to the manager that can’t get anyone because Mcds pays more

I do installs at grocery stores all over the country for a living, regular lanes and self checkouts. More and more customers are ordering self checkouts because they can’t get anyone to work the regular lanes. I’m driving to a store in north east TN tomorrow to do a job overnight. The store has 4 total employees. The manager has to open, stay until close and run a register because they can’t get anyone. Personally, I’d rather do the self checkout because I normally don’t buy many items at one time. For a full buggy, def a standard line. I feel your pain but also get cussed out on the regular for doing my job and installing self checkouts….”I’m taking away jobs”….tell that to the manager that can’t get anyone because Mcds pays more
I can understand that completely, but thus particular Walmart is one of the number 1 stores for sales in the chain, has been for years. They actually have more than enough employees to run the standard lines, but to cut costs, they've been closing them early, and keeping a few to help with the issues that tend to arise from people trying to check themselves out. Like you, if I only have a few items, I'll hit the self check every time, however, in this particular instance, we had a very large buggy full, top and bottom, and when we had everything scanned, and bagged, and re-buggied, we tried to check out, and the frickin thing wouldn't accept our W.I.C card for those items, and we had to have a manager open one of the standard lines just to get it sorted! I was already pissed, and that almost sent me over the edge! Lol! I bit my tongue for my wife's sake, but I was thinking some pretty unkind things before we finally got out of there! 🤣

"Good condition, one small scratch top of left lens"
I ask for a few more pictures of condition, he sends this.......

b7ba7c37c81b20ef807b2d6776ac93ff.0.jpg
b4c9e2ecd763ef120e307792fc3d0abc.0.jpg
b88a97c42e2cd568083a8822ef695e55.0.jpg

This is what I get.....

KIMG2671.JPG
KIMG2672.JPG
KIMG2674.JPG
KIMG2676.JPG
KIMG2673.JPG
KIMG2675.JPG

I gave him hell and he responds.....
"Honestly, I wasn't trying to get one over on you. I wouldn't rip off anybody"
and
"I'd give you your money back, but I just had a house built and money is tight"

Either he's a f+cking idiot or he thinks everybody else is.

"Used" is not a description of condition
"You got a good price" isn't an excuse, I paid what you asked.
F+ckin moron.

Disclaimer: it wasn't here, but I hope he is.

Back