• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which Lens Can Be Cut Down To Fit Frogskins

Frogskins

I am Jim Jannard...
New Jersey
If I need to cut down a pair of Oakley lenses to fit into a Frogskins frame, does anyone know which lens I should use?

I know what you're thinking - there are tons of Frogskins lenses available, so why would you cut down another style pair?

In short, I have a "stretched out frame" and the Frogskins lens is now too small and keeps falling out, so I'm thinking I need to cut a custom pair.

Here's my original thread: http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-frogskins-discussion/12224-stretched-out-orbital-can-fixed.html

Thanks ...

I considered that, but who would want to buy a frame that's stretched out?

Plus it's a 4 legged matte gray pair, so it would be tough and expensive to repurchase ...

how about a smart move like taking it to a local optometrist and having them tweak the frame. And in all honesty, I would put 100% on the fact it's the crap aftermarket lens not the frame. I bend the hell out of them tugging, pulling, bending when popping lenses in and out, plus I subject them to high heat (well above an automobile environment), and I have literally NEVER had 1 pair, 1st gen through current O Matter frames have such an issue. However, in all my lens chopping, having bought many of the new "Aftermarket lenses" to test them out, I have seen quite literally none of them be right like an OEM. Best 2 ideas for you:

1) First, to make sure if it is the frame or not, take it to an Oakley store (or if you have another legit OEM 100% pair) and pop in lenses that are new and check them. If it is not the frame, but you find it is the lenses, skip step 2

2) Take the frame to an optometrist and have them tweak it. They usually have the warmers and devices to tweak frames like that. My mom used to work for one years ago and I have watched them on numerous occasions fix frames.

Hey Dr Chop - Thanks for the awesome advice. I know for a fact that it's the frames because none of my Oakley lenses will fit (they're too small.) I'll give step #2 a shot.

Thanks again ...

Hey Dr Chop - Thanks for the awesome advice. I know for a fact that it's the frames because none of my Oakley lenses will fit (they're too small.) I'll give step #2 a shot.

Thanks again ...
too small?? then I would say that frame is pretty hammered. I have never ever seen a frame stretch to that point. Frog lenses are some of the tightest o matter frame lenses out there. Good luck there.

If they can't shrink the frames back, you can always have them measure the frames and make a custom pair of lenses.

Latest Posts

Back