• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Who caries a firearm?

here in South America, the laws are not correct, we can use firearms for our security, but everything is very bureaucratic ....:biggrin:

Here is my opinion.

My wife carries a Sig P365, I really like it, but it has jammed twice on me at the range. It's picky on ammo. So I guess if you go to the range and always use the same ammo and you feel comfortable with it, its a nice gun with lots of fire power. A little heavy for me with 10 rounds of 9mm. She carries that gun because everyone where she works carries, and all have the same gun for various reasons.

But for me, I have a dozen Glocks, never ever ever had a jam, it eats anything and for that reason that's what I carry. Hope I never ever have to use my gun, but if I am in a situation that I have to, I need to be 1,000% sure it will work.

My everyday carry is the G42, it's a small .380, 6 round, and I always have a spare extended 10 round mag in my other pocket, along with a couple more in the truck.

But like others have said, go to the range and put the work in and carry what you like and feel comfortable with. 2nd amendment all the way!!

Here is my opinion.

My wife carries a Sig P365, I really like it, but it has jammed twice on me at the range. It's picky on ammo. So I guess if you go to the range and always use the same ammo and you feel comfortable with it, its a nice gun with lots of fire power. A little heavy for me with 10 rounds of 9mm. She carries that gun because everyone where she works carries, and all have the same gun for various reasons.

But for me, I have a dozen Glocks, never ever ever had a jam, it eats anything and for that reason that's what I carry. Hope I never ever have to use my gun, but if I am in a situation that I have to, I need to be 1,000% sure it will work.

My everyday carry is the G42, it's a small .380, 6 round, and I always have a spare extended 10 round mag in my other pocket, along with a couple more in the truck.

But like others have said, go to the range and put the work in and carry what you like and feel comfortable with. 2nd amendment all the way!!

I agree 100% with this post but would like to add my 365 has eaten every single thing I’ve fed her without fail. Not once. So to say the 365 (or any firearm) will fail because a person (not singling you out just using you as an example) had a failure is inaccurate a bit. To each their own I say and as I said I agree. Put round after round through, get comfortable and if you are ready to “trust your life with it” then to me it’s now a carry option

My question on the 365 is what did you do to diagnose the issue? Magazine? Ammo? I do not carry anything besides Glocks either. Never had an issue BUT I’m always curious to see what the diagnosis is when someone says “it jammed.”

My question on the 365 is what did you do to diagnose the issue? Magazine? Ammo? I do not carry anything besides Glocks either. Never had an issue BUT I’m always curious to see what the diagnosis is when someone says “it jammed.”

I’ve not had issue so I can’t answer but the early/1st gen 365s had some FTF issues. They quickly halted production and corrected the issues. Those that had their weapon sent them back to be repaired/replaced. This happens a lot in the infancy stages of releasing a new model with many manufacturers. I don’t recall the issue directly

My 365 has never jammed. And its a daily in the desert. I carry it on MTB and RZR rides. cheap ass target ammo, or defense rounds.

And as far as jams and FTFs (failure to fires) ... I've seen just about every gun manufacturer have an issue at one point, Glocks, Sigs, H&K, S&W, Taurus, haven't seen one with the 365 yet, but it is a newer gun that we've been able to work with.

Latest Posts

Back