• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Who caries a firearm?

Wife said she’ll buy me a handgun for Father’s Day. Last time I carried it was a service Beretta 9mm on a duty belt. Looking for tips, recommendations, or any other info on a firearm I can carry comfortably concealed, is around $250-$300, decent starter. Will be carrying in my truck, camping, at the house. Something small, but not tiny.
glock 43 is what i typically carry...subcompact 9mm,easy to conceal...if you are military/LE you can get good deals through GT distributors or other vendors.... just have to decide what you want to carry and at what price...smith&Wesson has the bodyguard .38 that is around that price range as well..

What are you issued? Never had any issues with my Glock. Not with my other firearms either though ;)
I don't think the issue is with the firearms per se but with the upkeep on them, or lack of upkeep I should say. I'm issued the Beretta M9 but that's only carried when I qualify or go somewhere that it's required. I've not had any issues with any of my personal firearms either, which leads me to believe it's the lack of upkeep on them. With that said I'd prefer a Glock over it or the replacement. Where are you that the 17 is standard issue for the Army?

I don't think the issue is with the firearms per se but with the upkeep on them, or lack of upkeep I should say. I'm issued the Beretta M9 but that's only carried when I qualify or go somewhere that it's required. I've not had any issues with any of my personal firearms either, which leads me to believe it's the lack of upkeep on them. With that said I'd prefer a Glock over it or the replacement. Where are you that the 17 is standard issue for the Army?

Norway. Infantry:D

3B50B630-E916-45D8-9F40-EF6F541E654E.jpeg

Springfield XDm elite 22+1

In my opinion spend a little extra on a firearm that you’re going to trust yours and your family’s life to it’s worth the extra investment.

(edit) the reason I prefer the XD over something like a glock is the grip safety, the trigger safety and the pin that sticks up to indicate if a round is chambered.

1B3F6070-EA18-4BCF-B126-B7BF703BE78B.jpeg

926A37FA-BC86-4CAA-BCAE-43A2DFF4F6F3.jpeg

Last edited:
Back