• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wind Gasket Racing Jacket

Thomas Adamo

Oakley Beginner
New Jersey
Was at the Oakley store today picking up a wind gasket for my new Split Jackets. While perusing the store I noticed a pair of sunglasses with the wind gasket installed. I picked it up and was surprised to see that they were the Racing Jacket glasses with the gasket in place. It's not all that surprising as the RJ isn't that much different from the Split/Wind Jacket galsses. While it doesn't fit quite as nicely as it does on the SJ, it is a workable solution for my motorcycling friends out there that are looking for a pair of glasses to ride with.

Yes, it fits. It leaves ever so minor gaps in a couple spots that I wouldn't hesitate to wear a pair of RJ's with the wind gasket on the bike. In all likelihood if, like me, you ride with your faceshiled open the slight wind pressure on the glasses would probably seal off any exisiting gaps. I'm really glad I saw that today as I plan to purchase another pair of Oakley's and the RJ's expand the available options.

This have been discussed already but I can't find it. What are the differences between Split Jacket, Wind Jacket, Racing Jacket and Jawbone? (Splitbone, Jaw Jacket damn it am confused now lol)

Jawbone = Discontinued due to lawsuit. Jawbones came with the option of unvented lenses, unlike Racing Jackets.

Racing Jacket = Jawbone with replaceable icons & holes at the back of each earstem for the Wind Jacket kit. Jawbone lenses fit Racing Jackets.

Split Jacket = Jawbone-like with less aggressive styling and slightly smaller lenses.

Wind Jacket = Split Jacket with Wind Jacket kit.

Last edited:
Th
Jawbone = Jawbone
Racing Jacket = Jawbone with replaceable icons & holes at the back of each earstem for the Wind Jacket kit
Split Jacket = Jawbone with less aggressive styling, slightly smaller lenses
Wind Jacket = Split Jacket with Wind Jacket kit

Lastly, and the gasket fits what? Thanks.

The gasket set fits the split jacket frame perfectly. It will work on the racing jacket too, although it isn't an exact match it does fit.