• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Would you have the balls to do this to your Mars?

Walter Langkowski

ブンプ
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Las Vegas Nevada
What do you guys think of this mod and would you have have to balls to do this to a project pair or ones that needed rebuilt?

17498711_1766181983397787_2285192266656131480_n.jpg

Depends how much it was bought for. I remember Mars selling at Oakley's sidewalk sale for $50-75 each. If you are an older collector that bought it cheap then doing stuff like this is no big deal. If you are a newer collector that bought the Mars for the current ridiculous market prices then it probably wouldn't be a good idea .

Surprisingly I have over 40 x-metal and only have 1 pair of Mars and they are Jordan's and no XX and no half X. The only xmetal that I like and that fit my facell correctly is penny and if I feel like being flashy I'll wear my tio2 romeo. But no I don't think I would cut them either unless they where damaged or something

My guess is that the orbital-closing tabs fractured off the frame, so the owner decided, since the orbitals couldn't close anyway, might as well modify the frame. But the lenses appear to be on the verge of falling out of the orbitals: the lens should completely fill the grooves in the orbitals, but in the photo you can see the entire orbital groove (upper right edge of orbital when looking at the photo) and even the notch where the locating tab on the lens is supposed to go.

Back