• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wtb: Oakley Oil Rig 2 Holiday Edition Matte Clear With Text

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

Iam lookng for a pair of these if somebody is wanting to part with them or knows anybody selling these?
i know they are rare and hard to find. iam willing to pay a reasonable and fair price.
I just recently got into oakleys and the oil rig 2 is my favorite frame for fitment and look. I have had over
20 various frame and color combinations. I have settled on the holiday set due to the liking of the matte finish.
I have the frost blue and matte clear with ice and i wear these frequently they do no sit. I also have the polished white
with text with chrome icons and emerald iridium lens. just needing the matte clear with text and black iridium lens as a more
wearable combination color. If anybody can help please let me know.
Thanks,lee

Some people reacted to this post.
You and everybody else out there are looking for them. ****. Had I known thatd be this popular I would have stocked up to resell, lol.

Good luck on the hunt man.

yeah i agree i dont get it though you can find the frost blue and matte clear with ice irridium lens alllllll day at various prices,
i have yet to even see a pair of these matte clear with text in person or ever even for sell? its crazy! did they make them in a
less limited number than the other two? i will find a pair dont worry iam on the hunt scoping every venue known to man. i think
this may end up being one of the most rarest pair of oakleys to find here soon!

It seems the Matte Clear with Text is a tough one to get and your right it doesn't seem to come up for sale to often. I just found the Matte Clear with Ice Iridium at a Vault store. I know I bought mine (Matte Clear w/Text) when they first came out and I got the rest of the series later. Could be it was the most "neutral" of the series and therefore the most popular. Good luck in your search!

It was not more limited, just more popular and people arent selling them. That pair was the single most difficult pair i have ever tracked down....including the artist series set i completed!

i got a late jump on the oil rig 2 and did not know of a hoilday edition series of limited edition pairs produced around christmas time 2009, but when i finally realized it was to late all stores and outlets were sold out. so i settled for the regulars and signature series for awhile and i just recently decided i was gonna get all 3 of the holiday edition ones which i always wanted and found good deals on the frost blue and the matte clear with ice iridium, and the third pair has evaded me at all costs. i settled on a custom pair of polished white with text with chrome icons and emerald iridium lens to hold me off for awhile but now they are even discontinued at oakley so no more customizing that frame i got lucky on that pair! and that must be a popular color combination(white with text) because there are a million pairs of the polished ones with grey lens on ebay! lol, iam about half tempted to just get a pair of those and swap out the grey lens for a black iridium or polarized black lens and call it a day!
Lee

i mean i like alot of the other oakleys and have had gascans, antix, batwolf and riddles but there is something about the rig frame that
kept bringning me back and i finally settled on it. i think its the fitment and styling of the one piece shield style lens. well i appreciate
the support and will let everyone know when and if i ever find a pair of these rare and exclusive oakley oil rig 2 holiday editon matte clear with text!
Lee

They have not discontinued white w text oil rig its just on backorder...itll be back!

A guy I work with has the Matte Clear w/text Oilrigs and he gets offers on them every time he wears them. Its nuts

Ya i wear mine and constantly get comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.