• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Juliet purchased in haste…

I
Yes, I did everything right, just waiting for him to say he got them back ok. I sent it recorded delivery so hope he doesn’t pull a fast one and say they are damaged or something
Always make pictures from all sides of the goods you return, also the box it’s shipped in. I had the same thing some days ago. Someone said no scratches on the lens, but totally scratched. Sent it back, then he sent pictures with lenses out of the frame and the legs (if you say it like that) and said I did that… very annoying.

Yes, I did everything right, just waiting for him to say he got them back ok. I sent it recorded delivery so hope he doesn’t pull a fast one and say they are damaged or something
They are supposed to offer the postage as it is a return. Once you have sent it, there is no onus on you. I just sent one back that way today. But, it’s good for mind that you have made sure they get back. Gotta be careful on these sites buddy

No I had to pay for the return postage and paid extra for a swift return. It sucks but then I should have been more careful and not bought stuff at 1 am in a hurry 🙄 Doh!

The Strife has bought a few things of Vinted, Clothes mostly.
There is no selling fee but a buyers protection fee is applicable.
Aside from the extraordinary situation (imho) to send dirty unwashed items things have turned up not as described but from what I can deduce, Unlike Ebay who supply return paid postage you have to pay to return things. For low value items with the expensive postage relative to the value it ends up being laundered & donated more often than not.

From what I can see they are a pound shop Gumtree... (which is a bit like saying a Pound shop Pound shop)

uhh.gif

Screenshot_20230402-103435~2.png

Screenshot_20230402-103446~2.png

Screenshot_20230402-103540~2.png

Screenshot_20230402-103518~2.png

Screenshot_20230402-103527~2.png

Hi everyone,
A couple of question;
I have been an Oakley fan since the early nineties and have bought more pairs than I care to remember! I have an original pair of Michael Jordan Romeos that need new lenses. i know genuine ones aren’t available but does anyone have any recommendations? I know there are a couple of companies that claim to cut their own lenses using Oakley plastic. Any thoughts?

Secondly, in haste, I bought what I thought (actually I didn’t think at all!) was a genuine pair of Juliets
Off Vinted at £85 🫣
Now that they have arrived I’m getting worried for a number of reasons;
1)They feel heavy (58 grammes compared to my Romeos which are 46 grammes)
2) The identification numbers are etched on the left arm underneath the rubber sock and not near the hinge
3) The lenses have no markings (replaced?)
4) The rubber bumpers that the front of the arms rest on when opened have 15 marked on them but backwards!
5) The bolts are not Torx head but hex head.
I have included pictures
Any help guys would be really appreciated
cheers Nick

View attachment 1044436

View attachment 1044437

View attachment 1044438

View attachment 1044439

View attachment 1044440

View attachment 1044441
Wow!! I am terribly sorry! When I bought mine for such a great deal I hope it wasn't and when I took it to the Oakley Dealers in Fargo, ND The manager and his boss authenticated my limited editions. I was just talking about scammers yesterday with a friend and how I was so done with people constantly getting away with hurting and taking advantage of another. I hope that seller gets what is coming to him and you will find an even better pair for a great deal. Again, sorry about that my friend.

Wow!! I am terribly sorry! When I bought mine for such a great deal I hope it wasn't and when I took it to the Oakley Dealers in Fargo, ND The manager and his boss authenticated my limited editions. I was just talking about scammers yesterday with a friend and how I was so done with people constantly getting away with hurting and taking advantage of another. I hope that seller gets what is coming to him and you will find an even better pair for a great deal. Again, sorry about that my friend.
Thank you. Still waiting for the refund!

Back