• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-metal/ruby collection

So when people on this forum mention X Metal XX it is not the one on the top of your rack?
Sorry for noob questions but i am trying to work out which Juliet i want to purchase in the future.
Was looking at the X Metal XX---is not the one on your top rack you refer to as Gen 1- top (xserial)?
X serial is first gen juliet. XX has XX serial and XX is a larger looking juliet

Thanks for clarification--had me worried for a second.
You have a great collection and i think it helps a lot of newbies when we can see them stacked together like that.
i have spent a few hours looking at photos on this forum trying to work out the sizing of these damn expensive sunglasses!

But just to make it crystal clear for me:

Gen 1- top (xserial) = JULIET XX
Gen 4 mid (no serial)=JULIET
Gen 5 bottom (sku)=JULIET PENNY

Gen 1- top (xserial) = JULIET
Gen 5 bottom (sku)=JULIET

none of these are XX nor penny. Penny looks totally different and so does the XX. You can tell if it's an XX from the larger orbitals and arms (hammerstems)

pennys look totally different

Gen 1- top (xserial) = JULIET XX
Gen 5 bottom (sku)=JULIET PENNY
Try looking here...

Thanks for clarification---i was just wondering how on earth do you order lenses if Juliets are different sizes. But then looking at second photo they are all the same sizes. That first photo really threw me off. And i have looked at the photos and come back to drool on this thread many times!
My bad. Thanks for all the info!
My quest continues---Juliet or X Metal XX for future purchase?

screenshot_692.png

Yes this was the best reference but still kinda hard to work out sizing when you have to drop US$$$ to buy then try!

Its kinda like marriage--I like to try before I buy.

Last edited:
Yes definitely like to try before I buy. With Oakleys i have accumulated a lot of mistresses already!
Cannot be monogamous with just the one and my taste is varied!
I am sure many members here are male whores!

Thanks for clarification---i was just wondering how on earth do you order lenses if Juliets are different sizes. But then looking at second photo they are all the same sizes. That first photo really threw me off. And i have looked at the photos and come back to drool on this thread many times!
My bad. Thanks for all the info!
My quest continues---Juliet or X Metal XX for future purchase?
To validate your consideration Juliet is a fair bit more commonly available than XX, Plus in X- Metal there is more than one Frame code. Lots of Xm Ruby have been "created" using Custom cut Donor Lenses. If you want pure Juliet XM Ruby the frame prefix for the desirable 1st Generation is "XO" These will have the much more desirable Purple "Hue" although to "muddy the waters" these can vary within serial number batches. As a rule of thumb, Earlier serial number, The better.