• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X metal XX gold question #2

Golfobsessed

Oakley Enthusiast
Ok so I got the XX gold sunglasses... they are in need of a little help, they are 100% original with serial # XG040026B
They need lenses... scratches
nose bridge is loose, wearable for sure but a bit loose
Ear stem rubber is a little sticky
A little wear on the gold, not bad but a little wear on the tips and a little by the stem screws

I will probably not wear an XX, face is way too narrow, should I sell as is? What's a good starting price? I would prefer trade for a Juliet and really only need a frame, have lots of Juliet lenses and rubbers... or should I rebuild these XX and install lenses, I could quite easily install couplers, don't have any at the moment but could get some and install in 10 mins, could also quite easily touch up the gold as I am in the automotive collision industry and spent years restoring hot rods/muscle cars and could airbrush
20180216_085755.jpg
20180216_085741.jpg
with high quality, want to get as much as possible from these in some direction either with a sale or better yet a trade... any help/advice would be appreciated

If you want a Juliet than you shouldn't have a problem trading these for an excellent condition wear pair of your choice since the XX is valued higher than Juliet(in general...excluding limited edition pairs)

Just post a trading ad in the exchange

If you want a Juliet than you shouldn't have a problem trading these for an excellent condition wear pair of your choice since the XX is valued higher than Juliet(in general...excluding limited edition pairs)

Just post a trading ad in the exchange
Just curious, but why is the XX valued higher?

Just curious, but why is the XX valued higher?

They're rarer, relatively. There may be plenty of XX out there but their volume is dwarfed by the number of Juliets produced. Juliets were the most popular x-metal frame (in terms of sales) and had the longest production run.

You could say it's not the XX that's valued higher as much as it's the Juliet that's valued lower...

They're rarer, relatively. There may be plenty of XX out there but their volume is dwarfed by the number of Juliets produced. Juliets were the most popular x-metal frame (in terms of sales) and had the longest production run.

You could say it's not the XX that's valued higher as much as it's the Juliet that's valued lower...
Gotcha. I knew the numbers produced for Juliets were alot, but didn't know if there was anything else that made the XX hold their value more.