• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold XS Sold

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was meant to be educational. Text is so impersonal.

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
He is a newbie. He hasn't been taught proper etiquette yet.
There is a fine line between proper etiquette, and common sense.

Username Hidden said:
$405 was for the XS. These R1s are listed at $625. And that's not outside of an appropriate price range for that frame.

Also, the early 1st gen sand-cast x-metals have a rougher finish, with flashing and other crude details. You may be mistaking that for corrosion.

In general, the exchange etiquette is you shouldn't post criticisms of pricing on sale threads. If you don't like a price, move on. If you want to negotiate a better price, do it via PM.

Username Hidden said:
So if $405 is thought to be too much.....what's that make $625? ;)

Either way. :spiteful:

Username Hidden said:
Thank you @kronin323 for replying... I decided to hold back lol

Sent from Q's Note5

Username Hidden said:
If I put my Romeos on the concrete floor and jumped on them a few times I might sell em for $405 :rolleyes:

Username Hidden said:
He is a newbie. He hasn't been taught proper etiquette yet.

Username Hidden said:
There is a fine line between proper etiquette, and common sense.

Than you to everyone who has help the new guy to understand what he is looking at and for sticking up for me. Much appreciated. That's why I love this place and the folks here.

Username Hidden said:
$405 is a lot to pay for eroded frames, bud

View attachment 290848

I believe your comment has been answered thoroughly by some of the other members here, but to further clarify and elaborate, I do not sell corroded frames or junk metals. If I had a beater pair of Metals to sell, you would have full disclosure in my description. It is not my intention to lie or cheat the good folks at OF, but I believe my reputation speaks for itself. I have owned this particular Romeo 1 for a few months and for the majority of my ownership it has sat in a display. I cannot attest to its usage before my ownership, but I have disclosed any perceived flaws that I have encountered with this frame. I have handled a number of Romeo 1s during my time here on the forum in a range of conditions. In no way do I see any "erosion" as you mentioned. I have priced this particular Romeo 1 (the picture you used in the quote) in accordance to what I felt was a fair value at $625.00, not $405.00 (the price of the XS which is already SPF). If you would like to discuss this matter any further please do so in pm or create a thread in the X-Metal discussion forum. The exchange forum is not the place. Thank you for looking.

Edited to add: It would be difficult to erode titanium (X-Metal).

Last edited:
Happy to add support to the seller. He's honest and if I was in the market for another R1 I couldn't think of a better person to buy it from.

Username Hidden said:
When here, says "we" I'm sure he is referring to him and his whore mother. And yes, By the look of the frame (sorry for not analyzing the material down to it's molecular structure, hillbilly), it's deteriorated, either by sweat, or some other acidic material. With the plausibility the seller dipped his glasses in Coca-Cola, I'm safe to bet sweat is the culprit. So sorry, the glasses are broke. I suggest you stick to bouncing at the ol' saloon and let the strategist strategize.
Dude I try not to get involved in stuff like this but that is uncalled for!! SuperSharp is a very respected member of this forum and your comments are uncalled for!!

Username Hidden said:
When here, says "we" I'm sure he is referring to him and his whore mother. And yes, By the look of the frame (sorry for not analyzing the material down to it's molecular structure, hillbilly), it's deteriorated, either by sweat, or some other acidic material. With the plausibility the seller dipped his glasses in Coca-Cola, I'm safe to bet sweat is the culprit. So sorry, the glasses are broke. I suggest you stick to bouncing at the ol' saloon and let the strategist strategize.

Wow. You got a lot to learn around here. Enjoy your ban for awhile while you cool off.

Back to topic is just what it means. Stop unnecessary posting. PM me if there is an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.