• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Traded XX Plasma/Polished Project

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if anyone is going to try and fix the caved in areas around the pins on the nose bridge definitely use a mapp gas torch. I work with titanium all the time making knives and getting it red hot will definitely help eliminate any cracking while flattening out those areas. Titanium will not quench harden the way steel does but it will slightly work harden if the material is stressed while cold.

Some people reacted to this post.
I work with titanium daily, that is not going to be an easy repair, if it's even possible to repair. That being said, I think you should price that XX with the expectation of it needing a new nose bridge, not $400. How much do nose bridges sell for, on the rare occasion they show up for sale?
Just my two Pennies...

Username Hidden said:
I work with titanium daily, that is not going to be an easy repair, if it's even possible to repair. That being said, I think you should price that XX with the expectation of it needing a new nose bridge, not $400. How much do nose bridges sell for, on the rare occasion they show up for sale?
Just my two Pennies...

Yup. I’d be a buyer at a price that considers this needs some major nose work

I appreciate all your comments, to be honest I’m asking what I paid for it plus shipping (around $40), fees and I’m not even sure I’ll get it with paypal crappy currency converter. I’ll see if someone is willing to take the risk such as I did, if not I’ll probably keep it and fix it later in the year

Bump, one drop only $385 firm

Nose bridge costs about $75,- if you find one

Status
Not open for further replies.