• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold XX Plasma

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

Hello OF.

I made a pretty big ticket purchase last night (for me, at least) so need to get rid of something to help offset the cost/justify purchase. So, XX Plasma is up for grabs. It pains me to let it go, but gotta do what you need to do!

This frame is original plasma finish and not touched by any sort of buffing compound. You can tell because on the serial number, the numbers are still black. If you put a polishing compound to buff the plasma finish, the numbers remain but the black infill disappears/fades. This is not the case with this pair. NOTE: This information is only relevant to higher serial XX Plasmas, lower serials in the 1000s to 2000s do not have this infill.

Things Buyer Should Know:
- Lenses are not perfect, but have a lot of life left. There may be 2-3 dots on them, but I couldn't capture it on camera. Also, one of the lenses had an iridium defect right on the edge. You don't notice it unless you bounce light off the lens on the very edge. I still mention it for the sake of completeness though - doesn't affect vision whatsoever. If I had to rate them, the lenses are a solid 8/10. I think most buyers would rate them 9 though!
- The frames have a few casting marks, but no scratches. There are like two places where the plasma finish has these weird marks, but I'm not sure what to call them - it's not really noticeable but you can see what I'm talking about in the picture where I show the lens defect. The orbital shows a bit of that.
- One arm when closing hits the side of orbital, but it doesn't affect function whatsoever. Just a casting defect - the hinge stopper isn't evenly casted. I just fold the other arm first to avoid this, personally.
- Nosebridge is 9/10, no tune required.

Price: PP G&S $499 SHIPPED WITHIN US

Includes MF Bag & Glasses
1571070171916.png

1571070184904.png

1571070200247.png

1571070210977.png

1571070222328.png

1571070245622.png

1571070253437.png

1571070263276.png

1571070270367.png

Some people reacted to this post.
Congrats on your big purchase!!!
Awesome XX & GLWS!

Great price for a plasma

Love the XX. GLWS.
What did you get?

Swanky and Congrats, Hasslehoff/Fonzie!

1571079954036.png

Very descriptive in terms of describing your item P.
Almost feels exaggerated in terms of outlining the defects (if they'd be called that) but am sure the eventual buyer will be pleasantly surprised.

GLWS.....though you should not need it.

Username Hidden said:
Very descriptive in terms of describing your item P.
Almost feels exaggerated in terms of outlining the defects (if they'd be called that) but am sure the eventual buyer will be pleasantly surprised.

GLWS.....though you should not need it.

Glad to see you're still around @Manish !

Status
Not open for further replies.