• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

You only get smarter by doing stupid stuff!

XxRuMKaxX

I Should Work at M-Experiment
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Dremel on glass shelves to cut lighting notches not advised!
Right about the time Im thinking... "maybe I should be lubing..."

B4D55E81-A34A-467F-A5A2-30FA1F827BAF.jpeg

Last edited:
Going to the glass shop tomorrow and having them cut me a new shelf... That one had a tint to it anyway and I prefer a clear one so no big loss. Gonna see if they can cut my notches for me
Unless your shop is able to temper glass wich is highly unlikely you need to special order your shelf.
Untempered Glas can be cut into about any shape. After cutting it needs to be heat treaded. Not many shops can do that.

Unless your shop is able to temper glass wich is highly unlikely you need to special order your shelf.
Untempered Glas can be cut into about any shape. After cutting it needs to be heat treaded. Not many shops can do that.
I guess I will figure out tomorrow if my towns shop can do that... If not I may just be able to get it cut 1/3 inch less in width to allow the light bars to pass on the side. Gonna have to rethink this speedbump I have hit.

I guess I will figure out tomorrow if my towns shop can do that... If not I may just be able to get it cut 1/3 inch less in width to allow the light bars to pass on the side. Gonna have to rethink this speedbump I have hit.
You should be able to find a online Glass shop that will cut and temper your shelf to your drawing,
At least thats what I did. I ordered 2 pieces Backsplash for my kitchen to my measurements.

Last edited:
Back