• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

1st post: Are these Oakleys the real deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottmac

Oakley Beginner
Hi,
My first post and I was wondering if these are real?

I suspect that the CE is not printed deep enough and the socks are black instead of brown. The Oakley “O” is too near to the edge of the frame and is not cut deep enough, also the nose guards are dark grey instead of white. They are the same shape as the polished titanium frame, but alas; they are not polished!
The glasses are a bit of a mish-mash of the two Oakley designs! Please correct me if I'm wrong!

The polished titanium frame has a sharp edge and the matte gold frame has a square edged frame.
As these are matte gold in colour, they are sharp edged. The Oakley bridge should slightly overlaps the lenses and these do not.

Maybe I've answered my question, but I was wondering if there was a kind dude on here that could help me?

Thanks in advance ;)

IMG_0474.JPG

IMG_0468.JPG

IMG_0470.JPG

IMG_0472.JPG

IMG_0477.JPG

IMG_0473.JPG

Hard to tell from the photos, but they look like a 1st gen A wire...

Nose pieces are so old and have changed colour, Oakley has also changed the nose piece since those original ones ...

Those frames came in many finishes... Yours looks to be have the 'brushed' finish, my A wires 2.0 had the same finish and the edges also felt 'sharp' ...

With a brushed finish the ear socks tended to be black and not brown...

They shouldn't be Titanium either, most likely C5 alloy

They look real in my experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back