• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

2 XX 24k

Weestenosis

Oakley Expert
i have 2 pairs of XX in 24k. i am wondering the orbitals are different from one another (color). one is shinny/glossy while the other one is matte-like. the shinny/glossy one has no serial.... and the matte-like is i think 2nd gen XG------A serial. im wondering if the no serial is not authentic or someone did swap the orbitals intentionally.

20160609_165449.jpg
20160609_165456.jpg
20160609_165503.jpg

The shiny one has 2 possible explanations:
1. it was heavily used and gradually developed the sheen from usage; or
2. an incorrect plasma restoration was attempted on it by buffing out scratches or discoloration which has led to the sheen

thanks jdd32, i think the first reason, i am using this pair most of the time since i bought it ten years ago.... due to my oily face plus wiping all the time. and i remember it always leave it inside my car and in NJ heat plus cold temp may change the properties of the metal (possible).

thanks jdd32, i think the first reason, i am using this pair most of the time since i bought it ten years ago.... due to my oily face plus wiping all the time. and i remember it always leave it inside my car and in NJ heat plus cold temp may change the properties of the metal (possible).

Problem solved then. Rubbing it occassionally would gradually buff out any metal

yes agreed. i did not think about that. i thout because with x-metal oakley, there are a lot of colorway..... i thought some xx 24k has polished finish and others are plasma finish.

The later generations, 4th and 5th (re release oleos) had a shiner finish than earlier generations. Like plasma, the early generations were prone to discoloration, and underwent multiple revisions. The color difference is not the result of excess wear, just different generations of the finish.