• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

40% off at Oakley stores

Is this for real?

Ive never heard of this before...
For Oakley stores it's not as price driven as it is about turning inventory. Because the margin on watches and glasses is so absolutly insane they don't pay nearly as close attention to what stuff sells for as long as they are moving inventory.

The more inventory they turn (especially big items) the better the store looks.

For Oakley stores it's not as price driven as it is about turning inventory. Because the margin on watches and glasses is so absolutly insane they don't pay nearly as close attention to what stuff sells for as long as they are moving inventory.

Someone better tell that to the 'kids' selling in my neck of the woods ... Ive hinted and asked for a discout for years, every answer was 'no, we cant change the prices dictated from HQ'

Talk to a manager. Tell him your interested in an item but you want a discount. Don't be afraid to walk away ether. But discounts are more freely given for big ticket items... The smaller stuff not so much (300 and less is "smaller stuff")

Bingo!

Someone better tell that to the 'kids' selling in my neck of the woods ... Ive hinted and asked for a discout for years, every answer was 'no, we cant change the prices dictated from HQ'
Then tell them you're going to another store where discounts are allowed.

It may be a Oakley Canada thing. I have heard of similar setups with O stores in other countries not providing ANY discount unless it was in the books via HQ.

At the end of the day, it is who you talk to and how much they want to sell stuff.

Back