1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Piesik650

Piesik650 Oakley Beginner

A Guy Was Going To Give Me Romeo 1s For Free And Then...: - image.jpg

I was wearing my Romeo 1s yesterday at the office. Probably the first time they have seen the sun in months. One of my coworkers walks up and says "hey I have a set of those" of course I kinda didn't but kinda did believe him.

Talked to him a bit and realized he really didn't like them or wear them. And asked if he wanted to get rid of them. Instantly he says "sure I will bring them tomorrow". I didn't sleep last night thinking about it.

This morning I strolled in the office at 6:45 and there they were on my desk. Just left there in the soft bag.

No scratches, factory lenses, no cracks, good rubber, great condition X-metal/ black iridium romeo 1s

I found him in the office and asked what he wanted for them. His reply "No worries I don't wear them anymore"

Long story short I brought $500 to work this morning and he ended up giving them to me. Out of pure guilt I gave him $250 and told him that he can't take them back now and I showed him how much they were worth on EBay(ridiculous). ;-) anyways I got some new Romeos!

Cargo, MJLSr, mercat and 2 others like this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

What an amazing story to get a cheap pair!! I would love to have some good luck like that happen to me. Congratulations on a pristine pair!

3. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

How'd he react when you showed him how much they were listed at on ebay?

4. Piesik650

Real good. He still didn't really want the money. I told him I wouldn't sell them to make a dime at his expense. I just was happy to find another pair.

5. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

All's well that ends well...

6. atrain

atrain O-Forums Boss of Bosses

How do stories like this happen to everyone else and never me.............congrats by the way lol

7. Piesik650

I was really hoping for a plasma frame. But I ain't bitchin!

8. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

That's an awesome story and pick up, congratulations on a great score.:car:

9. dragonvoi

dragonvoi Dragonvoi knows xMetal. Premium Member

Hmmmm maybe someone will take your romeo's plus the $250 you kept and trade for a plasma r1?

10. STavros

STavros Land of the Gods and ....Molon Lave

Why all my friends and colleagues have crap Raybans and Carreras and not Artist series and limited x-metals that they want to get rid of ?Congrats on the find man

TexxxZ likes this.