• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A madder madman?

kronin323

Font of Useless Knowledge
Austin, TX
Seems like the carbon / ruby colorway has been most popular. It's the one that first caught my eye, but with everybody getting that one it'll be pretty common. And I think the all-black frame is a little boring...

While the plasma/fire one looks pretty cool, but the clear o-matter parts don't provide as much contrast, looks better with the dark o-matter like in the XRaw. So...

Before:

20150220_213535.jpg

After:

20150220_220128.jpg

20150220_220144.jpg

20150220_220156.jpg

And there you have it. The first (AFAIK) XRaw clone, one that I can wear without any fear. And a carbon/ruby that stands out (for better or worse) from the pack.

And being just a simple parts swap, I can always put them back to OEM if I want to.

:newrussian:

Seems like the carbon / ruby colorway has been most popular. It's the one that first caught my eye, but with everybody getting that one it'll be pretty common. And I think the all-black frame is a little boring...

While the plasma/fire one looks pretty cool, but the clear o-matter parts don't provide as much contrast, looks better with the dark o-matter like in the XRaw. So...

Before:

View attachment 132168

After:

View attachment 132170

View attachment 132171

View attachment 132172

And there you have it. The first (AFAIK) XRaw clone, one that I can wear without any fear. And a carbon/ruby that stands out (for better or worse) from the pack.

And being just a simple parts swap, I can always put them back to OEM if I want to.

:newrussian:
I do like the color combo on the clone better for sure, the other I'd say is a toss up. Very nice!

I think Oakley should kill the clear O Matter pieces on these new x metals and just put them out in black. It looks better on every frame.

The ones pictures here are translucent. The ones that shipped with the Raw model were completely opaque black. The same is true for the Plasma/Sapphire Badman.

Back