• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

After discussing the Rootbeer New Eye Jackets......

20230626_120250.jpg

Last edited:
Greetings! Longtime Oakley collector. Just joined the forum today and this is my first post. I was searching for any information on the NEJ frames I just purchased and I believe I have this exact same pair, minus lenses and ear socks. However, I've just procured some new OEM root beer ear socks. Now I'm looking for lenses. I found a seller on eBay selling some new OEM gold iridium, as well as some OEM VR28 lenses. I really wish I could find some new OEM polarized lenses. I might just go with the OEM gold iridium lenses for now. I've included the pictures of the frames from the eBay listing. I thought these would be a good pair that I could actually wear sparingly.

Screenshot_20240317_144216_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20240317_144228_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20240317_144237_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20240317_144246_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20240317_144243_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20240317_144234_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20240317_144231_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20240317_144239_eBay.jpg

What is the colourway mentioned by the seller for these? Rootbeer wasn't officialy realeased on NEJs.
I messaged the seller and he said that these are an official Oakley prototype from about two years ago that came from someone he knows that's an employee at Oakley out in California. The listing said:
"Vintage PROTOTYPE Oakley Eye Jacket 1.0 Gen 1 Matte ROOTBEER/NO Lenses UNIQUE"

Last edited:
It's little difficult to tell the colour from those pictures due to the reflections and refractions. I seem to recall that background when I purchased my Rootbeer / Gold Iridium pair, also prototypes.

Edit: no, it's not the same seller, my mistake.

re-tall is the tag of the seller for my pair?

It's little difficult to tell the colour from those pictures due to the reflections and refractions. I seem to recall that background when I purchased my Rootbeer / Gold Iridium pair, also prototypes.

Edit: no, it's not the same seller, my mistake.

re-tall is the tag of the seller for my pair?
Yes I'm ready to see them in person. I'm also going to call Oakley/Luxotica tomorrow to see if I can get some of the official NEJ Prism lenses that come from the factory on the Braindead or Piet Eye Jackets.

I messaged the seller and he said that these are an official Oakley prototype from about two years ago that came from someone he knows that's an employee at Oakley out in California. The listing said:
"Vintage PROTOTYPE Oakley Eye Jacket 1.0 Gen 1 Matte ROOTBEER/NO Lenses UNIQUE"
Same guy I bought mine from.

Sorry to say, you won't have much luck with Lux when looking for lenses. They don't offer replacments for these. Also, I would suggest not telling them where you got the frame from.

Back