1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Ray Tuley Jr

Ray Tuley Jr Oakley Enthusiast

Hello,
    my question is about replacement lenses, and which ones are the best quality? I need some lensesreplaced that I have got scratch etc. , I have Been looking at the revantoptics lenses and walleva lenses, what is your opinion on these companies, fit and finish etc. Thanks in advance, Eddie

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Dieseltech

Dieseltech Oakley Expert Premium Member

I have no experience with either brands, so not sure if my post would help but if you can't buy Oakley lenses, I would buy the Revant. I have heard they are much better quality.

Also they are a sponsor of the Oakley Forum!!

3. flyer

flyer Oakley Expert

I have only tried one other aftermarket lens.
    Though the colour is spot on, and the fit accuracy is great, there is slight image disortion, as compared to the original lenses.
    I notice this when the lens is moved in front of my eyes, especially in a vertical plane.
    I cannot replicate the effect with the OEM lens.
    For me, "XYZ" optics isn't just a catch phrase, and the aftermarket lenses sit unloved in a drawer.
    Your mileage might vary...

Chelas and OakleyFreak like this.
  4. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

Do you have to get aftermarket?

5. Ray Tuley Jr

I can't find OEM for my Why 8's anywhere!

6. joecool862

joecool862 Keeper of the Skull Premium Member Lifetime Member

Have you considered custom cuts? Not sure about the Why 8, but I know many lenses can be custom cut from donor lenses. I have a couple custom cuts in my Juliets and I couldn't be happier with them.

7. Ray Tuley Jr

I haven't really ever dealt with a custom cut, and I am really not sure of the process, I have always bought oakley lenses but I can't find them , any informationappreciated

8. SNAFU

SNAFU Oakley Collector

@xmetalmaniac @dr.chop @InfiniteHero

All do custom cuts from OEM lenses whether or not there is a suitable donor lens available for what you're after you'd be best off asking them directly

Ray Tuley Jr likes this.
  9. joecool862

joecool862 Keeper of the Skull Premium Member Lifetime Member

+
    +1 to this, I have custom cut lenses by InfiniteHero and xmetalmaniac. Both are optically excellent and correct for polarized lenses. Go with one of those three and I know you won't be disappointed.

10. jacitno

jacitno Oakley Beginner

I have tryed Visionary Lenses for my monsterdogs, they look great from the outside 9 out of 10 ,but from the inside looking out 7 out of 10 you can tell its not a oakley lens.
    I would just stick to getting the actual oakley lens if you can find it for your style.