• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Found Airbrush Paint Customizations

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

Region
North America
Bottom line up front: I am looking for two custom paint jobs (and likely a third). Scars to be painted in a shark’s coloration fashion. One Mako and one Great White. Pics and background below. PM if interested. Good condition Scars are on hand.

BACKGROUND: Taking a wild shot here. I have had some superb successes in my short time here on the Oakley Forum. I’ve had multiple beautiful customs by @THE X-MAN, @zwc0442, and given the in-process pics of one on the way a superb rust job by @Bonz-1.

In addition I have at least one @Soulfulfrog and hey @The Proprietary Molecule neither of these is brown! 😀

That having been said I am trying to source a couple customizations that to my eye would take at least some free hand airbrushing (open to thoughts on other methods on it of course). I thought I’d toss it on the table and see whom might feel it’s in their wheelhouse.

Now a bit of background. When I was a kid in the early 60s in Central Texas we went to Six Flags. Corvette had a concept car on display. “The Mako Shark!” I was in love…I think my fascination with the ocean (started by The Undersea World of Jacques Yves Cousteau…come on…y’all’s seen those in the 60s!) was clinched. What a color scheme.

When I got my first look at the Scar…all I saw was shark tails. Thus the Mako (and Jaws) project was conceived.

PM if interested. Price negotiable but I’d think at least 100.00 per custom done as I’m seeing it.

Never hurts to ask…🪖👍

IMG_0904.jpeg

IMG_0905.jpeg

IMG_0911.jpeg

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
The completed customs 🦈🦈👽🤙

IMG_2723.jpeg

Some people reacted to this post.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back