• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Another Oakley Fan

Eunn

Oakley Beginner
Hello I recently got into Oakley products and found my way here.
Sadly I found out Oakley discontinued X-metal series :/ guess I was too late for that bandwagon.

Anyways I recently bought Oakley Whisker 6B for my prescription glasses and thinking of getting X-metal Juliet or XX and change the lenses to Transition lens for outdoor sports wear since I can't stand contacts.
is it terrible idea?

I think X-metal Juliet is smallest x-metal series right? I want to wear em at work as well so I don't want huge one like straight jacket or something like that. I thought Juliet was small and not flashy enough for me to wear em on daily bases.

I'm new here too, welcome! When I was working in the oil field in Texas, I looked into having my prescription put into a pair or Pit Bulls. Also as transitional lens. However, I wear contacts 99% of the time and couldn't justify the cost. $400

Hmm I do not like how penny shaped. I think juliet looks the best (my preference I guess :p)
What's the name of color that's like dark gun metal grey that was in X-men movie? There are so many similar colors like it but I don't know if it's the color I'm looking for.

Funny thing when I was thinking of getting transitional lens Xtractive (the most expensive one) and went to eyemaster in the mall, they started out @ 450, then charged 150 more for xtractive, then added 15 more for anti glare/ anti scratch etc and it came out to be $615 just for the lens. Also told me that Frame like Oakley need extra cost to put lens in so they added $18 more. I was shocked and walked outta there. Went to local Walmart just to see the price. They had Nikon Transition Xtractive with anti scratch anti glare, anti pretty much everything for $185..... telling me that all the Transition lens comes with anti glare UV coating etc. The sales guy laughed at the fact they tried to charge me $633 for the lens.

Hi there!

For outdoor sports, imo, the X Metal range is not as good as the sports specific sunglasses, such as Radar, Half Jacket or Flak..

I have tried loads over the years and found that the metal stuff doesn't stay on so well.

Back