1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. nightpusher1

nightpusher1 Guest

I just got a pair of x-metal/black R1s in the post,they were bought with no ear socks to give them away.When I looked at them closely they have a 4 digit serial(6991).I am assuming these are Jordans,the only doubt I have is that I seem to remember reading somewhere that they made only 5000 pairs, so whats with the serial of 6991.Can anyone shed any light on this.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

I believe and 4 digit serial is a jordan

3. Romeo 1

Romeo 1 Oakley Beginner

4 digit serial... Are you sure they were made 5000 only?

4. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

4 digit serial is the initial run romeos, which mostly came with red socks and were dubbed 'Jordans" since he was shown wearing that configuration in the advertising (and famously with the 0023 serial). this shows the 'jordans' or initial runs actually ran higher than 5000, which was never confirmed but rumoured since noone had one higher than that at the time. this shows there may have been as much as 7000, or more likely, 9999 pairs.

then they restarted the serial in 6 digit when they realised the scale of production was more than anticipated...

5. nightpusher1

nightpusher1 Guest

What you say makes a lot of sense.
    I initially quoted the serial as 6991 because thats what it looked like to my fuzzy eyesight,however i took a photo on marco this morning and it looks like 6 with a break in body (very similar to the 9,s next to it) or is it a 5 or even a 3 with the top stroke missing?

Any opinions.
    Another Surprise R1 Jordan? - DSC00678_zps5af1d55b.jpg

6. paulo bortolo

paulo bortolo Oakley Beginner

hear that until 5000 was manufactured after 1 generation 5001 until 9999 were made with red half CE MADE IN USA

7. freakface

freakface Oakley Collector

HOLY DEAD THREAD REVIVAL BRAZIL MAN!!!!!

AngelAir and i am rich like this.
  8. GH4AU

GH4AU Carbon Fanatic Premium Member

Ship Brazil?

9. discostu

discostu Oakley Expert Premium Member

Mine are in the 5000's and came with no markings on the rubber - fyi.