1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Herbsley

Herbsley Royal Duke of Hijinx

Hi Modders,

Someone else started a thread about swapping Antix and Hijinx icons around, which is something I have done with a couple of my Hijinx (in the GoldJinx and ChromeJinx mods a while ago), and that reminded me of a cool thought I had recently, that I might look more into in the new year, but it is dependent on whether the ear-stems from the Antix are the same as the ear-stem on a Hijinx. (They are similar designs but are they THE SAME?).

The 'cool thought' is to make a Devil's Brigade Hijinx, by simply swapping the arms of a DB Antix onto a Polished Black Hijinx frame. The DB design doesn't really cross much past the ear-stem onto the main frame, so it might look pretty good.

Also, in order to do this, does anyone know how to remove the ear-stems from Antix and Hijinx safely?

Any thoughts / info greatly appreciated.

Thanks chaps.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

think both are the same but will check that for you later tonight . . .
    was thinking about to make a WITK antix :cool:

3. Peeza21

Peeza21 African in the United Kingdom

WITK antix would be awesome!!! Do it nerd!!

4. yoshi1984

yoshi1984 I love working Dispatch

This thread made me all tingly and happy inside with the endless possibilities of crazy combinations...Devil's Brigade Hijinx, WITK Antix...Stephen Murray Antix...*Drooooool* Ernesto Fonseca Hijinx for Mr.H

5. yoshi1984

PIC'S NOOOWWWWWW LOL...With emerald iridium....

6. Herbsley

I'd thought of that - but the Fonseca artwork goes right over to the front of the frame, so would stop short at the hinge on a black Hijinx and might look odd.
    The DB would work tho, in my view.

7. yoshi1984

ack that's right, it does, shame!
    I can't wait to see the DB Hijinx. i'll be keeping a close eye on this thread in the coming year. :D I'd buy one lol. Slap a pair of black ridium polarized...yummy.

8. Herbsley

I need to know whether the ear-stems are interchangeable between the Hijinx and Antix - and also how to change them over.
    I've never taken the ear-stem off a Hijinx before, and I assume that there is a technique for safely doing so.

I'm sure Batwolf will know, cos he has painted at least one up before . . . .

9. Peeza21

Peeza21 African in the United Kingdom

I have the Batwolf original hijinx, and yes, he must've taken the earstems off to paint them! I'm sure he will know!!

10. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

Oh man...a Stephen Murray Antix! I could dig that. Let us know! I don't know any Hijinx to compare with :sad: