• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

I was only going to these if it was in person. Since going after work is a deathnote with traffic, I went for them at lunch (lmao can't have that for a while now). Sorry if the photos end up grainy. Low light conditions.

20161020_181026~2.jpg
20161020_183535.jpg
20161020_183244.jpg

What do you think? Penny's are my favorite. Chris a "Hardaway" of course!

I'll try not to rant, but had these one since lunch and into night errands...

Tight; I have a narrow foot but even I lace a bit loose. No real pinches but an overall squeeze going on. Heel area is an exception so I do tie tighter near the top. No slip but you know there's no heel counter at work. Like most older shoes the length is a little "too true". I end very close to the edge.

I'm a fan of the shaped arch area and the lacing row that goes to the toes. Like I don't get why a lot of modern shoes run less eyelets and then half ass an alternating pattern that ends up pinching. It's crazy how this shoe has design features that can keep up with today's standards.

Since the hold is really good for the most part, Foams don't seem to feel heavy to me. They are stiff, though. I noticed if I try to flex at the toe, there's a strategically (or coincidentally?) stitched seam on the lace row along the toe line. The path of a possible crease ends up being hidden in the posite pattern, too. Cushion is weird to think about (double stacked Zoom at the heel), but it feels pretty smooth as long as you're not exclusively forefoot striking everywhere. I assume the Pro outsole feels a bit nicer because there's more elaborate flex points at the forefoot

I've been working on my vertical, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if the shoes are adding a bit because there's a monster shank in there. You can tell it wants to spring to shape instantly. I've heard the materials should outlast the glue, but on top of that the shank is mad stiff and the edges ride up against the direction of natural flex.

While these don't have any real ventilation, the bootie seems to absorb heat pretty well. I personally found my AJ 12's and 14's worse.

$250 after tax isn't practical value at all imo, but the engineering fascination, nostalgia, expected longevity of the Foams make that hurt less. It's a bucket list pick up, but not a total must-have.

Not much knowledge here from me on shoes.. anybody know anything about the KD7 Longhorns. A guy local wants to trade me a BNIB pair for my Ducati Gascans. Here's a generic picture. Good deal/bad deal?

IMG_0563.PNG

Not much knowledge here from me on shoes.. anybody know anything about the KD7 Longhorns. A guy local wants to trade me a BNIB pair for my Ducati Juliet. Good deal/bad deal?

kd 7 ext qs "longhorn state"

regardless of running price tag, and regardless if GSW may do something big with him, it's just a Kevin Durant sneaker from the recent era where Nike can't deny they inflated all their prices. He's been Nike's 3rd tier with non-exceptional shoes until maybe the current KD9. Unless you really want this kind of aesthetic (and I can see the appeal), I wouldn't do it.

And I'm not saying the shoes suck, but the Juliets are a bigger deal in my mind.

The Harden1 is the only basketball shoes I'd ever buy...

Colorway looks good and it's not a "high top" shoe...

Back