• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone Ever Had This Happen?

letter looks a bit sus to me......not what i'd describe as headed paper that a company such as usps would use i.e. no colour in the logo. also no reference to your tracking number. also they should be expecting you to claim for the contents value as well as the postage and maybe an inconvenience payment?
Oh it's genuine I assure it. Again I received 4 of these for shipments that we had sent out.
The letter makes it clear that they have no responsibility for the contents and are going WAAAAY out of their way to goodwill the postage.

letter looks a bit sus to me......not what i'd describe as headed paper that a company such as usps would use i.e. no colour in the logo. also no reference to your tracking number. also they should be expecting you to claim for the contents value as well as the postage and maybe an inconvenience payment?
I doubt that claim would go anywhere... this seems to fall under section 13 of the USPS Terms and Conditions:

13. Circumstances Beyond Our Control: We are not liable if a shipment is lost, misdelivered, damaged, or delayed because of circumstances beyond our control. These circumstances include: terrorist activity; strikes; labor actions; an "act of God," for example an earthquake, cyclone, storm, or flood; "force majeure," for example war, plane crash, or embargo; import/export clearance delays; any defect or characteristic to do with the nature of the shipment, even if known to us when we accepted it; or any action or omission by anyone outside USPS, FedEx Express, or their agents, for example the sender of the shipment, the recipient, or an interested third party, Customs or government officials, or other carriers or third parties with whom we contract to deliver to destinations that we do not serve directly. We are not liable even if you, the sender, did not ask for or know about a third-party delivery. We are also not liable for electrical or magnetic damage to, or erasure of, electronic or photographic images or recordings.

Damn ,with all that i've been reading about forum members unfortunate interaction with USPS im seriously thinking about using another delivery company.
I guess ive been lucky with not having had any lost parcels happen to me.

Very reassuring to read this when i recently posted back to Oakley 2 pairs of Pit Bosses for repair and still have had no confirmation that they've received my package.

That's why i always get Delivery confirmation and insurance when i send stuff,, Peace of mind that you know where the package is ( hopefully).

Back