• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone have Titanium Iridium lenses for 2nd gen Romeo?

aeh

Oakley Beginner
Looking for a set, one side is good but the other has some small dings in it, not noticeable at all
unless you purposely look for it, but I just like to have clean lenses 🤠
IMG_7378.jpeg

Looking for original lenses if possible, I’m sure they’re hard to come by.. they’re pretty unique
R2 lenses are by far the most difficult to acquire and to acquire at a "normal" price would be over $150. On a hot summer night I watched an unmounted set sell for $250. Even if you decided to go with a custom cut it gets not much easier since most cutters will cut for themselves for this model but hesitate to for others since the margin for error is so great. I think if you persisted and threw money at it you could eventually find a set but to be honest I have stopped looking for OEM sets since most are getting to that age where they just naturally delaminate if you look at them to hard. Good luck in your search! If you find a secret stash out there let me know to because the titanium R2 lens is one I would make an exception for to have again

R2 lenses are by far the most difficult to acquire and to acquire at a "normal" price would be over $150. On a hot summer night I watched an unmounted set sell for $250. Even if you decided to go with a custom cut it gets not much easier since most cutters will cut for themselves for this model but hesitate to for others since the margin for error is so great. I think if you persisted and threw money at it you could eventually find a set but to be honest I have stopped looking for OEM sets since most are getting to that age where they just naturally delaminate if you look at them to hard. Good luck in your search! If you find a secret stash out there let me know to because the titanium R2 lens is one I would make an exception for to have again
Okay, thank you for the info. I’ll have to look around online for some for sure

Your best bet and chance would be to post a buying thread in the exchange here. Gotta start somewhere might as well be here.

I will tell you what I do these days with R2’s is acquire a frame at a steal and then put linegear NXT lenses in them. They are very impressive to look through and very attractive to look at… here is a couple I have put together. I have a matte set waiting on a frame and a couple more in the case.

IMG_0024.jpeg
IMG_9698.jpeg

Your best bet and chance would be to post a buying thread in the exchange here. Gotta start somewhere might as well be here.

I will tell you what I do these days with R2’s is acquire a frame at a steal and then put linegear NXT lenses in them. They are very impressive to look through and very attractive to look at… here is a couple I have put together. I have a matte set waiting on a frame and a couple more in the case.

View attachment 1135720View attachment 1135721
Sweet. Yeah they look nice for sure. Do I need to purchase a membership to make an exchange post?

Latest Posts

Back