1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. AngelAir

AngelAir Oakley Collector

I have a NIB x-metal ruby Juliet that I bought a long time ago from a forum member. I just put them up without looking at them closely. I was gonna put them up for sale then noticed this. They are in the correct 3 piece box, have the H sticker on the lens, the frame is perfect and new, BUT they don't have a SKU. The frame is unmarked.
    Is it possible they could have shipped that way or do you think there been swapped around?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. MJLSr

MJLSr Oakley Expert

Possible - Yes

However, most likely they were swapped. It could have been intentional, perhaps even mismatched from a store once upon a time. I have seen a couple mismatched in a retail environment closer to the end of the [retail] run.

3. hereispunishment

hereispunishment Oakley Collector

what's the serial number on the 3 piece box?

Dallas O Hog likes this.
  4. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

IIRC unmarked 4th-gens were shipped with both old and new box styles over their run.

AngelAir and Carrera1963 like this.
  5. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

Correct, the very tail end of the 4th gen has three-piece boxes - I have an unmarked Ducati in one.

AngelAir and kronin323 like this.
  6. hereispunishment

hereispunishment Oakley Collector

Yeah that's what I was trying to get at. a "C" should be in the serial number on the three piece box. 5th gen have a D