• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are you an Oakley Super Fan? Can I see your collection please?

ChloeConvoy

Oakley Beginner
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forum so please be nice ;)

I'm putting together a blog post all about Oakley Super Fans and I was wondering if any forum members would be happy to let me use images of their Oakley collection and quotes explaining what Oakley means to them and why they love collecting O gear.

If you are happy to share your collection and be featured in the blog post please can you comment below?

Thank you so much, I am quite astounded by the size of some people's collection I only have 1x pair of Frogskins, feel like a total novice! ;)

I'm not sure I'm allowed to say as it's for a site that sells Oakleys amongst other brands. If I post a link to it won't it be classed as promotional activity? I need a bit of guidance on what I can and can't say as I'm new to forums eeeeeke!

Hi All,

Shall I give you a bit of extra background then my post might make a bit more sense?

I work for a marketing agency
One of my clients (who I won't directly mention as I believe that would be classed as advertising?!) sells Oakley among other premium eyewear and sportswear brands
As part of a campaign I am putting together for them we are doing a series of blogs, competitions and quizzes around the theme of 'Oakley Super Fans' and people who love to collect Oakley products, so.....when googling to research this topic I came across this and the O-review forum (you can see I have posted a similar thread in there).

I posted to see if anyone would be willing to take part in the blog post, and contribute their thoughts and pictures of their collection. Just like having a expert in a certain topic comment on a news story I want to get a personal angle from a collector themselves on the trend that is Oakley collection, what makes people begin a collection, which models they love most that sort of thing. Does that make a bit more sense?

It's tricky for me because obviously I work in marketing and this particular client is a company who sell Oakley that is why I am going to great lengths to NOT mention them as this is a journalistic request really and in no way a plug for my client. So apologies if this all seems a bit cloak and dagger, I'm trying to adhere to forum rules and also explain what I'm after.

I have had a couple of positive responses so thank you to those people, and if anyone else is interested in taking part in this or similar opportunities in the future please feel free to email me on my work email chloe@convoydigital.com

Hope that all makes sense, I don't want to upset anyone or put noses out of joint this just seemed like the obvious place to go looking for Oakley fans, right? ;)

Back