• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Asking for invoices instead of sending payments

by replying to a sellers for sale thread quoting his original post will capture the details of condition/price so he cannot alter it at a later date.

Sent from my Nokia 5210 using TapaTalk
thats what I was saying. quote it. Not a solution for invoicing per se, but a good practice that locks it in time

The Wife does a fair amount of Paypal transactions in some groups she's involved with. With them, sending invoices is the standard procedure, sellers always send invoices to the buyer. We just seem to do it backwards here.

But for me it's not really a big deal. What's important is paying G&S instead of F&F. If I'm making a payment and I want to ensure details of the item are recorded, I'll input those details in the comments section of the payment, describing what the payment is for as specifically as I care to. I assume that works just as well as invoice details but luckily I haven't had the opportunity to test it.
I always put the details of what I'm paying for in comments when making a "manual" payment too, just seems a common sense precaution.

All good points gentlemen. I like @kronin323's description as detailed as he sees fit idea, as well as @X-Metal Beast asking for the invoice. I haven't had any problems at all across my 40+ transactions on here and for me it breaks down to trusting the seller. Do I? If so, I do the deal. If not, I might be able to after some more research into him/her, such as feedback on here or another members reference. If I can't get those I would hold off. I have not been a seller on here (yet).

I also stick religiously to the law as set down in stone by @Litos. Non-active members will get a look, but not the time of day. If they are new, or have low feedback that's not a bad thing to me...I just revert to my "Further Research" step before proceeding.

;)