• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Automatic Gearbox, who's got one?

Oakley413

Oakley Expert
Boca Raton
I was in the Orlando store the other day and saw this watch in person for the first time and was surprised on how nice it looks in person. It is much better then in the pictures but they would not take it out of the case as they said they don't want to mess up the bronze bezel with the oils from their skin, they were also having their corporate visit while I was there so that might have been another reason.

But my main question is, does anybody have one, and if so how do you like is and what are peoples reactions to it. I personally like it a lot and can get a really good deal on it but and on the boarder at the moment.

Pictures would be great!

I have one. It took nearly three months to get it after ordering it. But like you said it looks amazing in person. The Orlando store truthfully was being a little anal about the oils changing the patina it will not change that fast and that easy I have worn mine everyday for three weeks and it looks the exact same as it did when I walked out of the store with it.

It works great the only draw back is there is no date on the watch as all gearboxes lack that feature. It has the exact same movement as the timebomb ii have and a neat feature is the weight inside instead of just putting Oakley on it it says gearbox which I think is a neat little feature. If you can get one I say go for it, it's one of the best looking watches that iakley has release in awhile. If you have anything else you want to know just ask.

I have been looking at this watch also and really like it, you said they were going to give you a deal on it. Would be nice to save some money.

I have one. It took nearly three months to get it after ordering it. But like you said it looks amazing in person. The Orlando store truthfully was being a little anal about the oils changing the patina it will not change that fast and that easy I have worn mine everyday for three weeks and it looks the exact same as it did when I walked out of the store with it.

It works great the only draw back is there is no date on the watch as all gearboxes lack that feature. It has the exact same movement as the timebomb ii have and a neat feature is the weight inside instead of just putting Oakley on it it says gearbox which I think is a neat little feature. If you can get one I say go for it, it's one of the best looking watches that iakley has release in awhile. If you have anything else you want to know just ask.

Could you post some pictures of it if its not to much of a bother?

I have been looking at this watch also and really like it, you said they were going to give you a deal on it. Would be nice to save some money.

Yah well I work at Oakley so I just have to wait for it to get of the restrictions list and then I will pull the trigger.

anymore feedback on this watch. would like to see some pictures of it in person and how it looks on someones wrist. how many members have it also.

thanks guys

I have 4 of these watches and they were the first 4 produced. Not the first 4 #s (1-4) but the first 4 made and the numbers aren't sequential.
I got them in October.
Oakley has taken them out of the box to inspect them for me but I've never taken them out since or worn them at all.

As for comments when it comes to my watches I am surprised I NEVER EVER get anyone commenting to me about the one watch I wear everyday which is an FMJ. Considering how different that looks you would think I'd get some kind of comments from anyone but nope.
I have to admit the gearboxes are a beautiful looking timepiece.

Back