• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aviator Frame Questions 1) Are Felons Too Small?

chaibill

Oakley Beginner
I picked up a gold/grey deviation and now I'm not crazy about them after getting them home. Will see if i can return them next time i go to the vault.

So i want to get an aviator frame. Are Felons too small ? I saw some posts said they were a failure. The geometry looks really good in pics i saw.

Is the crosshair the most loved oakley aviator?

Any one like the Plaintiff ? The plaintiff squared seems a little more current but the chrome iridiums plaintiff looks kind of classic.

The Felon isn't a very beloved frame indeed. I think, however, they are really great. Definitely not too small, but not suited for big heads. The plaintiff is more comfortable than the felon though. A bit lighter in weight and is squeezes less to say so.

I like the crosshair a lot more. The arms are more oakley and they aren't just a teardrop aviator while still being a teardrop aviator. I didn't like the look of the plaintiff much at all. I have a plaintiff squared, I like the more boxy aviator like the actual USO pilot shades, but I'm not warming up to them.

I'd take my crosshair over any other wire, personally.

One of the reasons the felon never really took off was the flat fit and weight. Like the deviation they sit more in front of your face rather than having more wrap. Their bigger brother, the inmate, was much more popular, but still heavy and too large for mainstream adoption.

I was at the Oakley store recently and tried on just about every pair of wire frames they had, the Crosshair was the only one I liked. I know its just my opinion on my head, but that was the opinion.

Im looking at getting a lead frame and putting emerald iridium lenses in it. Will look good?
I dont like the matte black frame.

Last edited:
Back