• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Backcountry RJ/Jawbone lenses

Ventruck

I am Jim Jannard...
Oakley Racing Jacket Replacement Lens | Backcountry.com

VR28 BIP is $63
OO Red is $42

I double-checked via chat that it really is OO Red because 1) there's two OO Reds listed and 2) the stock picture of the cheaper one looks like the one Oakley used for +Red, as well as lacks the "Polarized" label. Rep said it should be what's listed and pricing may be due to older stock (I'm surprised they'd sort lenses as such)...I mean OO Red only comes in one form.

Gave it a shot so I hope it's right. Wanted OO Red to bring my secondhand Jawbone back to original spec (albeit vented this time).

Update: It was +Red.

Sending back with my refund as they told me they ran out of OO Red. I'm kinda annoyed because I literally asked about it at the time of the order too. Receipt clearly says OO Red while box says +Red, unless they thought it was supposed to be the same thing.

But rep for the return and handling otherwise has been great. I've ordered from Backcountry before (under Competitive Cyclist) and they've always been solid, so I'd want to be clear in saying that I don't want to knock the company.

Update: It was +Red.

Sending back with my refund as they told me they ran out of OO Red. I'm kinda annoyed because I literally asked about it at the time of the order too. Receipt clearly says OO Red while box says +Red, unless they thought it was supposed to be the same thing.

But rep for the return and handling otherwise has been great. I've ordered from Backcountry before (under Competitive Cyclist) and they've always been solid, so I'd want to be clear in saying that I don't want to knock the company.

Man, that sucks. I ended up ordering some ink black racing jackets from the Oakley Vault with polarized OO Red lenses, which I got yesterday. Interestingly enough, the lenses do not actually have the text polarized written on them, just had the little sticker. I wonder how to tell he difference just by looking at them?

Man, that sucks. I ended up ordering some ink black racing jackets from the Oakley Vault with polarized OO Red lenses, which I got yesterday. Interestingly enough, the lenses do not actually have the text polarized written on them, just had the little sticker. I wonder how to tell he difference just by looking at them?

OO Red has a reddish base while +Red is more neutral. You can also do the lcd screen test by rotating the lenses as you look through them. Should darken at ~45 degrees.

bumping this because they're back. Mostly just trying to warn anyone that the OO Red they have listed is (still) likely just +Red.

The VR28 BIP is still a deal though.