• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Prism Red ( Cyclops ) lens blanks

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
I want to thank Chris the champion of lense crafting and Cyclops Walter Langkowski for making me the best fit and best xmen looking lenses I have ever seen. They are installed on my Juliet and Penny. Well done guys I appreciate the master craftsmanship they are second to none. @Chris A Hardaway @Walter Langkowski

20240220_211854.jpg

20240220_211934.jpg

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
I want to thank Chris the champion of lense crafting and Cyclops Walter Langkowski for making me the best fit and best xmen looking lenses I have ever seen. They are installed on my Juliet and Penny. Well done guys I appreciate the master craftsmanship they are second to none. @Chris A Hardaway @Walter Langkowski

View attachment 1119366

View attachment 1119367
You are very welcome 🙏🏼. I’m glad you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed figuring out how to make them.

I’m still working on the blinder parts, I know the originals were thin and clear and unfortunately very fragile. I’ve been trying to find something cost effective and easy to produce. I’m currently looking into 3D printing solutions and just doing them myself.

IMG_1437.jpeg

IMG_1439.jpeg

Looks like a good start. I don't know the first thing about stuff like that. But I've seen other sellers 3d print and or mold them. Good luck getting it to the way you like it.

Username Hidden said:

View attachment 1119366

View attachment 1119367

Nice glasses, but why do you have those $4 Twist-Erase pencils in your display case? I love them, and have used them for 30+ years, but I don't understand why they would be on display?

Username Hidden said:
Nice glasses, but why do you have those $4 Twist-Erase pencils in your display case? I love them, and have used them for 30+ years, but I don't understand why they would be on display?
To people outside of this forum, people probably wonder why we have cases of sunglasses.
Golf balls, mugs, figurines, sunglasses, pens, model cars, ex-girlfriend's heads... We all have trophies we like to display!

Username Hidden said:
To people outside of this forum, people probably wonder why we have cases of sunglasses.
Golf balls, mugs, figurines, sunglasses, pens, model cars, ex-girlfriend's heads... We all have trophies we like to display!
Sunglasses too.

Username Hidden said:
That is the pencil that got me through Highschool. It was not $4 but closer to $9 when I bought it. The other pencils are $50 for the Rotring. I am displaying them more because of their history not because of their value. @Yo Flawch!

Username Hidden said:
@Maveryq13
I believe these blanks currently are only available on an 8 base curve. So 2 problems.
1) I believe tailend is only a 6 base curve. So these probably won't work.
2) in not sure how or who can matte out the edges. But w making tape and a soothing pad I think you could DIY a frosted / matted edge yourself.

The red lenses are mirrored on the backside. Which is very unique. But makes the matting process easier.

Back