1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Monkey

Monkey Oakley Beginner

Hey everyone!
    So I was wondering how these pairs have held up for you guys thus far?
    Whether these frames fall under the "X-Metal" family, it has been known that there have been points of failure on the older models (flex couplers, rivets etc...). I was wondering if anyone else are starting to get "similiar" issues with these ones.
    I've been reading / watching up on some reviews about the frames and how some say that the point of failure *may* start where the torque screws are...
    Let's here how these frames are holding up for you guys!

motoGP_fanatic likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Yeti

Yeti Frostmonkey Staff Member Premium Member

so far, the fit hasn't improved from "complete and utter ****".

I'll update as time goes on.

3. Medusa50

Medusa50 Oakley Expert

I will say the spring hinges are an improvement. They are very comfortable to wear for long periods of time. The Madman draws a lot of questions and no one cuts me off on the highway. Thumbs up!:aggressive:

Wavecloud and motoGP_fanatic like this.
  4. Neckcutta

Neckcutta Oakley Beginner

Love my BadMan wear them all the time! BUT still scared of the spring hinges :errwhat:

5. OakleyTrader15

OakleyTrader15 Oakley Collector

The spring hinges have already had a couple of updates since the first samples of Madman and Badman were going around. I would be interested to know for any heavy users how they hold up after 12 months.....

I'm not trying to bash the build quality but am genuinely interested...

Dallas O Hog likes this.
  6. CrazyALee

CrazyALee Oakley Collector

what do you mean by the spring hinges going through couple updates? What changes were made to them?

7. Monkey

Monkey Oakley Beginner

The only reason I'm asking is because I'm planning to make a pair of Badmans into my everyday Rx pairs.

8. motoGP_fanatic

motoGP_fanatic Disciple of X-Metal

Badman going 5months, madman going 2 months,both still young to determine any extensive quality issue while regular usage, so far everything's fine, fit and weight are amazing.

supersharp likes this.
  9. X-Metal Beast

X-Metal Beast Oakley Expert Premium Member

I was very dissapointed when I found out that they're made of aluminum and omatter. No titanium, so should not be in the Xmetal family IMO. Bought a Badman BNIB for $290. Seemed ok, some good technology, but ended trading mine for a Juliet.

10. OakleyTrader15

OakleyTrader15 Oakley Collector

Bean, when Oakley makes a release, they can have revisions or updates to a product as needed...
    The spring hinge on the sample madman/badman was failing on early samples and this carried over to the first release of the products to the public. I purchased one of the early units for a friend and it failed, so after speaking with Oakley Customer Care, they told me about the revisions which I confirmed with a couple of internal sources.

This is why I have a interest because I wanted to know how they are having long up for people that,actually wear them