• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best Beach Oaks?

No idea if they're being discontinued soon, but I highly doubt it. One of the most popular frames and probably most common that I see in person. They do have some of the unpopular color combos on the Vault at times, but don't think that means much necessarily.

There's loads of polarized options for them, and you can get frames and lenses pretty reasonably because they are so common.

For me, beach pair, should be a beater pair

Just sayin ...

I agree with this statement. If you arent going in the water then something else could be worn but if you are going in the water get a Wally Lopez garage rock because that pair belongs lost in the ocean.

Seriously though any pair you take to the water should be something you dont care about losing or messing up because of sunblock, chlorine....etc

I agree with this statement. If you arent going in the water then something else could be worn but if you are going in the water get a Wally Lopez garage rock because that pair belongs lost in the ocean.

Seriously though any pair you take to the water should be something you dont care about losing or messing up because of sunblock, chlorine....etc

I agree, that's what started this - limiting my eyewear to Oaks exclusively, I would rather pick up a pair of o-matter to use for beach and other beater-type activities (mountain biking, woodworking, yardwork, etc) instead of continuing to risk my x-metals, which is all I wear otherwise. I could just go with the cheapest pair I can find but I don't want to give up performance suited to the activity, looking for a balance...

Thanks for everybody's input so far, keep it coming...

I agree, that's what started this - limiting my eyewear to Oaks exclusively, I would rather pick up a pair of o-matter to use for beach and other beater-type activities (mountain biking, woodworking, yardwork, etc) instead of continuing to risk my x-metals, which is all I wear otherwise. I could just go with the cheapest pair I can find but I don't want to give up performance suited to the activity, looking for a balance...

Thanks for everybody's input so far, keep it coming...

Well a sports pair is what I use for outdoor activities like you listed. Get a cheap Radar off craigslist or ebay. I have seen some on our craigslist.

Take atrain with you

Cause HE belongs lost in the ocean!

:D

I picked up a pair of Flak Jacket XLJ on 6pm for $59.99 shipped and the Oakley case was included. They are my kayaking & mountain biking shades :cool-20:

totally agree with using a pair u dun care about unless ure ok with ur stuff having "character". I crashed on mtb once wearing racing jackets 1.0. the scratch complimented e frame so well (imo) that the I didnt want the frame changed when I brought it to e distributor for new socks. girl looked at me like waaaaaat? hahaha

Latest Posts

Back