• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best pairs to leave in the car?

I don't understand why $150+ Oakley's need to be babied like this (at least according to some, I haven't had them long enough to know personally) but I've had $20-70 sunglasses last for 7-10+ years without ever not being stored in the car, from -20° to over 100°. I mean, they are sunglasses! Using them for driving must be one of their most common uses.

Thing is most of us wear vintage pairs that are harder/more expensive to get replacement parts..a lot of it will hold its value pretty well even with a decent amount of use. I would be okay leaving flak 2’s, double edge or other more current styles in a car, but the excessive heat isn’t good for anything though

I don't understand why $150+ Oakley's need to be babied like this (at least according to some, I haven't had them long enough to know personally) but I've had $20-70 sunglasses last for 7-10+ years without ever not being stored in the car, from -20° to over 100°. I mean, they are sunglasses! Using them for driving must be one of their most common uses.
Some of mine are heavily used and certainly not babied, all are worn. It's not that they can't take it, it's that people like to baby their nice possessions. I have some that are left in the car, typically Holbrooks.

I’ve left pairs of Valve 2.0 and Pit Boss 2 in their microfiber bags in my glove compartments for years with no issue. I do wash them with diluted dish soap every week or so though. Not sure if that helps, but it doesn’t hurt.

I've had a Half Jacket array in the glove box for more than a decade, rubbers and lenses are all fine. But the summers here aren't that hot and my car is in the shade from about 11am.

Latest Posts

Back