• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Big Face Help

SweetBabyCheesus

Oakley Beginner
I know there are a lot of threads on this but I'm looking at a couple of newer pairs of glasses.

I have a tried a ton of Frames. Some fit good some don't. My go to's (Big Tacos) are showing their age and need to be replaced.

My favorite frame I've ever owned is the OG Dispatch, comfortable, fits my face well. Down side? I've worn them twice, because the lens barely blocks any light out and looks stupid with how transparent it is. I wear prescriptions as Contacts aren't an option for me so unfortunately the best fitting glasses I've ever owned, never get worn. I wish I could get new script lenses for these.

So far I've tried the Sliver XL's (my current Daily) and the Jupiter Carbons. They are close but just not the same as the dispatch.

So next up.

Holbrook Metals &
Crossrange XL's

Any insight on these? Size, fit? I do have an Oakley store near by but they don't have the metals or XL in stock.

I know there are a lot of threads on this but I'm looking at a couple of newer pairs of glasses.

I have a tried a ton of Frames. Some fit good some don't. My go to's (Big Tacos) are showing their age and need to be replaced.

My favorite frame I've ever owned is the OG Dispatch, comfortable, fits my face well. Down side? I've worn them twice, because the lens barely blocks any light out and looks stupid with how transparent it is. I wear prescriptions as Contacts aren't an option for me so unfortunately the best fitting glasses I've ever owned, never get worn. I wish I could get new script lenses for these.

So far I've tried the Sliver XL's (my current Daily) and the Jupiter Carbons. They are close but just not the same as the dispatch.

So next up.

Holbrook Metals &
Crossrange XL's

Any insight on these? Size, fit? I do have an Oakley store near by but they don't have the metals or XL in stock.

Can you get Turbines in RX?

So next up.

Holbrook Metals &
Crossrange XL's

Holbrook Metals will not fit the same as the Tacos. They are nearly identical in fit to the Holbrook.

Crossrange XL should do the trick. I tried the regular version and they worked fine on this head.

What kind of Oakley store does not stock all the new stuff? Is that a Vault you visited?

Sent from Q's Note5

Holbrook Metals will not fit the same as the Tacos. They are nearly identical in fit to the Holbrook.

Crossrange XL should do the trick. I tried the regular version and they worked fine on this head.

What kind of Oakley store does not stock all the new stuff? Is that a Vault you visited?

Sent from Q's Note5

Yeah they just didn't have any at the time and it's not a short drive so I haven't been back.

I never cared for the regular Holbrooks so I'm not sure how they fit. Thanks for the advice, I'll try and track down a dealer that has the Crossrange in stock.

Latest Posts

Back