• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bunker Happy ... mostly

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you did was a great service to members who benefited from the likes of Samaritans as yourself. I believe the OP was referring mostly to the scalping prices on ebay.

I have not seen a bunker on the forum selling in the $300s territory. Not saying it doesn't exist...just haven't bothered to look nor have I seen it.

David
No offense intended. I was refering to some of the "justifications" people have given for the 100% markup. May it be bunker or anything else. Thats why i wrote sarcasm in the end. In the past I have tried to help fellow members but most those efforts fell through.

What you did was a great service to members who benefited from the likes of Samaritans as yourself. I believe the OP was referring mostly to the scalping prices on ebay.

I have not seen a bunker on the forum selling in the $300s territory. Not saying it doesn't exist...just haven't bothered to look nor have I seen it.

David
For Sale - Corp HQ's Bunker #378 | Oakley Forum

Ok, that's a good example of making "a buck" off the forum. I certainly don't agree with it but then to each their own. Some people mark it up to factor in gas, time, trouble etc in tracking these down to pass on to members. Others have the sole intent of "flipping" them, which is a practice that is heavily frowned upon per forum rules.

Just to be clear, I have had a couple that I picked up for friends/members and have a few more coming in to help others as well. In my case I have told them the cost is as follows: $150 + (8.25% Texas tax) = $162.38.

Then I just ask them to cover the shipping costs.....that's it.

I wasn't as "intrigued" by the whole bunker thing, but just sought them out with the simple interest of helping someone obtain it (where they can't).

Now there are a couple of stores that are a bit of a drive for me (Houston's a big city), so if I have to make that trek to pick them up, I will ask for a token of compensation.

David

Ok, that's a good example of making "a buck" off the forum. I certainly don't agree with it but then to each their own. Some people mark it up to factor in gas, time, trouble etc in tracking these down to pass on to members. Others have the sole intent of "flipping" them, which is a practice that is heavily frowned upon per forum rules.

Just to be clear, I have had a couple that I picked up for friends/members and have a few more coming in to help others as well. In my case I have told them the cost is as follows: $150 + (8.25% Texas tax) = $162.38.

Then I just ask them to cover the shipping costs.....that's it.

I wasn't as "intrigued" by the whole bunker thing, but just sought them out with the simple interest of helping someone obtain it (where they can't).

Now there are a couple of stores that are a bit of a drive for me (Houston's a big city), so if I have to make that trek to pick them up, I will ask for a token of compensation.

David
And this is what we mean when we call certain members the ones you can trust! Not members who post "I saw it on Timbuktu for 600 so Ill only charge 499.99" when it just retail for $150. (Example)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back