1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Danalton

Danalton Oakley Beginner

If so - how? I cant seem to get the old scratched up ones out at all - anyone know any tips?

Thanks

Dan :sad:

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyJared

OakleyJared Oakley Enthusiast

There should be eyewire screws on the frame. Loosen them then the lens should pop out.

3. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

There's no screws, and not even a split anywhere in the frame.

Mine are a beater pair for me, the polarized lenses are peeling in a few spots. But as far as I know Oakley doesn't sell the lenses so you'd have to go aftermarket.

4. Danalton

Danalton Oakley Beginner

I've got the replacement lenses, just cant get the old ones out of the frames - I heard you can heat the frames but dont know if this is true.

The old lenses are tougher than diamond! I cant even break them to get them out!

5. Danalton

Danalton Oakley Beginner

Just checked but there's no screws except for the ones holing the arms on...

6. OakleyJared

If you can try loosening those. Might open the frame up a bit. I am not home or I would try it on mine.

7. BRmacguy

BRmacguy Oakley Beginner

I had a guy come in to my store yesterday trying to get the lenses out. Said he had called Headquarters and they didn't have the lenses for the Inmate and sent him to a different dealer. I tried to get the lenses out, but they have no screw holding them in and no amount of serious pressure would even budge it. He mentioned that someone had told him to lift up on the temple or bridge to apply pressure and it would make getting the lens out easier. I tried that, even took it to some optical people I know, and we still couldn't get the lens to budge at all. Good luck! If you manage to get it out, post it so we all will know!

8. therrmIV

therrmIV Oakley Beginner

I had a lense pop out when I dropped mine once. It was a pain to get back in. Never tried to remove them on purpose. Hope you get it figured out.

9. OakleyJared

Finally got home and I am glad my lenses are in great shape because I also see no way of getting them out. I also am not going to try since I love those damn things.

"Trump" likes this.
  10. hkwinger

hkwinger Oakley Beginner

I know this is an old thread, but has anyone found a way to change the inmate lenses? I have searched for an instructional video or at least any instructions online without success. I would appreciate any advice or instructions.

Thanks