• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

"character" rich xx's

• Thread starter dragonvoi
  • Start date
Blue ...definitely like the blue better. OR for a reverse TiO2 ....violet custom cut.
Or Jade with purple hues like the Big Taco lenses I saw today OR ..
Please somebody just tell me to shut up or I won't stop ;)
great, now i wont stop thinking...

#betterthannew

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401990795.146862.jpg

xman tune and refinish, brand new custom cut ruby lenses. new rubbers that hurt my fingertips even with lube...

so the scalpels are good donor lenses for X Metal XX huh? That's something that should be added to the spreadsheet/database.
not sure what is requirement to get into the database, they are a suitable donor but don't have a margin all around, i retained some of the sides of the original beveled edge, and since I cannot measure for optical centering, cannot say they are or are not. i did measure the difference between the lenses on both frames and took that into account when cutting.

Nice work man! I’m not 100% sold on the polished 24k, I think the original finish is better, but that’s me. To each is own. Overall, nice work in restoration.

Nice work man! I’m not 100% sold on the polished 24k, I think the original finish is better, but that’s me. To each is own. Overall, nice work in restoration.

yeah, not too many would restore the 24k matte finish accurately, and i really didn't want to polish the whole thing since the matte bone finish of the orbitals are still decent. plus I have some stock 24kxmxx's already. I actually dig them in person, the concept in my head is orbitals carved out of bone giving them a rough, look holding gems in place (lenses) then pieced together by metal parts.