• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cleaning lenses

Arron1980

Oakley Enthusiast
England
Hi everyone, just after some advice on which is the best way to clean my oakley lenses. I know you are supposed to use the microbag provided but I have cleaning "swirls" on my 24k lenses as a result. So what is everyone's best method to clean lenses without compromising them? I'm sure there are loads of discussions on this already. Thanks everyone

Hi everyone, just after some advice on which is the best way to clean my oakley lenses. I know you are supposed to use the microbag provided but I have cleaning "swirls" on my 24k lenses as a result. So what is everyone's best method to clean lenses without compromising them? I'm sure there are loads of discussions on this already. Thanks everyone
Advise bro never ever clean the lenses with the microbag alone it has to be moisten all the time by spraying the lenses and the micro bag as well this prevents friction. Dont be stingy with the liquid the more the better make sure the micro bags are clean and free of dust by shaking .

I'm not sure if I'm due for a new cleaning kit (mainly cloth), but holy crap I can't seem to clean my M2 lens.

Something always stays. Washed the cloth, the lens under running water, but it's so prone to smudges.

I'm not sure if I'm due for a new cleaning kit (mainly cloth), but holy crap I can't seem to clean my M2 lens.

Something always stays. Washed the cloth, the lens under running water, but it's so prone to smudges.
Welcome to life without factory hydrophobic coatings. Cleaning my original XX lenses never takes longer than a few seconds. My newer lenses? They haven't been clean since the day I bought them

Welcome to life without factory hydrophobic coatings. Cleaning my original XX lenses never takes longer than a few seconds. My newer lenses? They haven't been clean since the day I bought them

Would using the hydrophobic kit help with cleaning?

Right now I'm deducing that my problem is in fact my cloth wearing out. Tried cleaning some Wayfarers (eh, Oakley or not a clean pair is better than a dirty one) and the oils just wouldn't come off. I can get away with it on my Jawbone lenses since I can remove them to effectively "wipe off".

Back