1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Arron1980

Arron1980 Oakley Enthusiast

Hi everyone, just after some advice on which is the best way to clean my oakley lenses. I know you are supposed to use the microbag provided but I have cleaning "swirls" on my 24k lenses as a result. So what is everyone's best method to clean lenses without compromising them? I'm sure there are loads of discussions on this already. Thanks everyone

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

3. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

Advise bro never ever clean the lenses with the microbag alone it has to be moisten all the time by spraying the lenses and the micro bag as well this prevents friction. Dont be stingy with the liquid the more the better make sure the micro bags are clean and free of dust by shaking .

4. Arron1980

Arron1980 Oakley Enthusiast

OK thanks for the advice, what liquid do you use?

5. Teetogreen

Teetogreen Oakley Collector

Oakley cleaning liquid.

6. Dieseltech

Dieseltech Oakley Expert Premium Member

They make a lense cleaning kit. I need one too. :)

7. flyer

flyer Oakley Expert

I have used Zeiss lens cleaning fluid on my Oaks, and it is indistinguishable in function from the Real Deal.

8. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

I'm not sure if I'm due for a new cleaning kit (mainly cloth), but holy crap I can't seem to clean my M2 lens.

Something always stays. Washed the cloth, the lens under running water, but it's so prone to smudges.

9. Welcome to life without factory hydrophobic coatings. Cleaning my original XX lenses never takes longer than a few seconds. My newer lenses? They haven't been clean since the day I bought them

10. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

Would using the hydrophobic kit help with cleaning?

Right now I'm deducing that my problem is in fact my cloth wearing out. Tried cleaning some Wayfarers (eh, Oakley or not a clean pair is better than a dirty one) and the oils just wouldn't come off. I can get away with it on my Jawbone lenses since I can remove them to effectively "wipe off".