• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Clear polished frames

Skyler

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Thinking of getting a holbrook polished clear frame with black iridium? What would be a good combination for the frame?

Ive always leaned towards either lighter tinted lenses or bright iridium lenses like ruby or fire for clear frames.

With my clear dispatch's and clear fuel cell i dont think they function well in bright light as it bleeds through from the sides.

I see. Would violet work?
For lighter you mean chrome or deep water prizm?

I think the violet looks good with clear. In my clear frame glasses I have Ruby and Jade green. Both look good. I want to do a pair with chrome also, seen a couple and they look sweet. Happy choosing lol.

My mom has a polished clear Stringer with Violet lenses. They're pretty cool. A lot of light bounces around those clear frames on super bright days though. Same thing with my matte clear Triggerman.

Last edited:
So many choices. So little time. So little $.
Going back to the drawing board.

Thinking of getting a holbrook polished clear frame with black iridium? What would be a good combination for the frame?
Get whatever you like for the frame. But consider what you're going to do when it comes to picking out your lenses.

My mom has a polished clear Stringer with Violet lenses. They're pretty cool. A lot of light bounces around those clear frames on super bright days though. Same thing with my matte clear Triggerman.

This is no joke. I have the polished clear Holbrooks with chrome iridium, and if you wear them in bright light the reflections from the frame make you feel like stuff is flying at you from the side. They look very cool, but beware. Some of the Oakley stores even ask customers to go try them outside before they buy them just for that reason. They do look sweet, though. :cool-20:

sounds like a trip to the vault is warranted. Thanks for the warning.

i actually have a Holbrook in that exact combo, i bought the frame by itself. i don't even remember why i bought just the clear frame only, i think i had some ruby lenses i wanted to find a home for or was trying to make some all clear safety glasses with clear lenses or something. they didn't look right with ruby though and i use some gascans with titanium clear for safety glasses instead.

at the moment i don't wear them yet because i think the black lenses are just too dull for that clear frame too. i have been meaning to pick up a set of chrome lenses for them since they have chrome icons and rivets. i tried violet in them also and it just doesn't look right with the chrome icons and rivets. if it had violet icons and rivets it might be another story.

and yes the light does bounce off the frame for sure.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back