• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Clear polished frames

This is no joke. I have the polished clear Holbrooks with chrome iridium, and if you wear them in bright light the reflections from the frame make you feel like stuff is flying at you from the side. They look very cool, but beware. Some of the Oakley stores even ask customers to go try them outside before they buy them just for that reason. They do look sweet, though. :cool-20:

Any substantial difference with Matte Clear?

At some point I'm going to get a clear frame/unknown lens combo (the look of the glasses is just too cool) but I am concerned about practicality. Wondering if the Matte Clear helps with the light transmission coming in behind the lenses vs. the Polished Clear.

I haven't tried the matte clear Holbrook but I have the matte clear Triggerman and it is better. However, the sides of the Holbrook frame sit much further from your face than the Triggerman, so some of the improvement may be just from less light getting behind the frame and from the frame not being as much in your field of vision. I would try the matte clear Holbrooks specifically or get some more advice from someone that has them.

Just because of this thread I pulled out these things today..lol The lenses were great for the cloudy, rainy conditions but the frame still had some weird reflections on the inside of the lens/frame from the light.

20170305_181131-1.jpg

I had a clear holbrook with chrome lenses, and while it look cool, it was the wort functional frame I had. The light reflections ended being very frustrating during very bright days, if I didn't wear a cap I couldn't stand the reflections. I ended up selling it because I could only wear them in overcast days, but then the lenses weren't the best for those situations either. I understand the cool factor (that's why I bought them) but to my eyes, they simple aren't useful. Just my 2 cents, good luck with your purchase!

Sounds like I will need to put that thought on hold for now.

Latest Posts

Back