1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

I love my NewFrogs, but I am slightly nervous when wearing them because I know they have a limited lifespan. I'd like to be able to stock up on these so I have backups (and backups to those backups) but I simply can't find them. There are, however, some parts available such that I could make a franken-pair. Mixed orbitals and stems, with chopped lenses.

What combos can I make? Well I've got a line Tortoise and Crystal Black orbitals, and a forum member has (opaque) Black and Matte Clear stems.

I'm thinking Crystal Black with Matte Clear stems would be the way to go. Crystal orbitals with flat black stems maybe?

What combo and with what lens do you recommend going with? Or none of the above, can't make anything that will look good, abandon all hope at present?

I don't have a crystal frame, but here are a couple of cruddy photos trying to overlap frames.

Considering A Frame Mashup, Need Opinions - DA3BB918-5C90-4414-88CC-F78D33CE15ED-576-00000034E45FE9E7.jpg
    Considering A Frame Mashup, Need Opinions - 8EC62E4F-6AA7-4DC0-AB89-1143C7BA55FE-576-00000034D97A0055.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

crystal black with matte clear arms
    could work well

3. marc2040

marc2040 Guest

I would say both ways are good. Suggesting black iridium for them.
    And the tortoise frame ...? This forum picture is a very good example what a brown frame with +Red lenses could look like.

Considering A Frame Mashup, Need Opinions - DSC_6251.JPG

4. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

moved . . .

5. Rustpot

Thanks nerd. Orbitals and stems ordered, gotta find lenses

6. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

which combo did u go with? :)

7. Rustpot

Crystal black orbital, black and clear stem sets to see it in person first

8. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

awesome looking forward to it

9. Rustpot

Got the orbital today. A few stress cracks by the right cheek, but otherwise good shape.

10. Rustpot

Matte clear stems with crystal orbtials. Borrowed the gold lenses from the tortoise pair since those are the nearest at hand.

I think the gold needs to go in favor of a black of some kind. I'd like to figure out what the hell will work for a chop on these.

Considering A Frame Mashup, Need Opinions - 50C6AC32-1403-4108-8C4E-E237F3A9FE5D-14170-00000FB50A93893C.jpg